Yu-Gi-Oh! South African Trade Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

CARD OF THE WEEK

Go down 
+6
Yudheer
tHeGaMe
MutG
Darksoul
Tirion
Jascha
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Yudheer
Veteran
Yudheer

CARD OF THE WEEK - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: CARD OF THE WEEK   CARD OF THE WEEK - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 29, 2011 7:40 am

How? he's like just standing there , doing nothing
Back to top Go down
Darksoul
Veteran
Darksoul

PostSubject: Re: CARD OF THE WEEK   CARD OF THE WEEK - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 29, 2011 1:14 pm

lol, Tirion is Byzaring!!! (if thats how you spell it)
Back to top Go down
Tirion
Veteran
Tirion

PostSubject: Re: CARD OF THE WEEK   CARD OF THE WEEK - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 29, 2011 3:01 pm

In Yugioh Bayzaing is awesome. Hay BLS can remove and atk in the same turn
Back to top Go down
Darksoul
Veteran
Darksoul

PostSubject: Re: CARD OF THE WEEK   CARD OF THE WEEK - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 29, 2011 4:09 pm

Since when?
Back to top Go down
Yudheer
Veteran
Yudheer

PostSubject: Re: CARD OF THE WEEK   CARD OF THE WEEK - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 29, 2011 5:02 pm

since forbidden chalice
Back to top Go down
Darksoul
Veteran
Darksoul

PostSubject: Re: CARD OF THE WEEK   CARD OF THE WEEK - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 6:38 pm

Lol, so must we seriously wait another WEEK before the next review??
Back to top Go down
Yudheer
Veteran
Yudheer

PostSubject: Re: CARD OF THE WEEK   CARD OF THE WEEK - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 7:44 pm

Ya there's far too less Yugioh cards, don't wanna burn through them in 6 weeks now with a card review everyday
Back to top Go down
Jascha
Jascha

PostSubject: Re: CARD OF THE WEEK   CARD OF THE WEEK - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 8:15 pm

hey guys if you willing to do a card a day no prob. i would love to but i honestly dont have the time. i would say go for it if you wana change it to a daily thing. we can rotate.

everyone that wants to right a review post your name and we can share the week between the lot of us. so everyone will have a day or two to do a review.

what do you think
Back to top Go down
Darksoul
Veteran
Darksoul

PostSubject: Re: CARD OF THE WEEK   CARD OF THE WEEK - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 8:22 pm

I nominate Yudheer cheers
Back to top Go down
Yudheer
Veteran
Yudheer

PostSubject: Re: CARD OF THE WEEK   CARD OF THE WEEK - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 8:25 pm

Can i review stuff...
Back to top Go down
Jascha
Jascha

PostSubject: Re: CARD OF THE WEEK   CARD OF THE WEEK - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 8:29 pm

dude i was gona nominate you aswell. and i think dd should do some to, along with dragonite. you 3 in my opinion (no offence to our current national champ and the other top 8 finalists) are the most respected and talented duelests/deck builders we have in SA.
Back to top Go down
Yudheer
Veteran
Yudheer

PostSubject: Re: CARD OF THE WEEK   CARD OF THE WEEK - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 9:37 pm

Awwwww Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Jascha
Jascha

PostSubject: Re: CARD OF THE WEEK   CARD OF THE WEEK - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 10:09 pm

Cool but im up there to...somewhere haha
Back to top Go down
Yudheer
Veteran
Yudheer

PostSubject: Re: CARD OF THE WEEK   CARD OF THE WEEK - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 01, 2011 7:47 am

Jascha wrote:
Cool but im up there to...somewhere haha

Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Darksoul
Veteran
Darksoul

PostSubject: Re: CARD OF THE WEEK   CARD OF THE WEEK - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 01, 2011 6:33 pm

Haha, I'll get there someday... tongue
Back to top Go down
Jascha
Jascha

PostSubject: Card of the week september week 2   CARD OF THE WEEK - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 12, 2011 8:12 pm

Yo what happening.

I gave it some thought and for this week i think my card of the week will be

Tour Guide....................................................sych New rulings!!!!!!!!

No my card of the week will be,

Leviair the Sea Dragon

CARD OF THE WEEK - Page 2 300px-LeviairtheSeaDragonGENF-EN-UR-1E

Attribute WIND
Types Aqua/Xyz/Effect
Rank 3
ATK/DEF 1800/1600
Number 95992081
Card Effect Type(s) Ignition

2 Level 3 monsters
Once per turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card to target 1 banished Level 4 or lower monster; Special Summon that target to your side of the field.

So far this is one of my most favorite Xyz's in usefulness. There is so much you can do with it especially for this format going forward.
first of its a rank 3 requiring 2 level 3 materiel. this alone makes it highly useful to decks like x saber and agent as there core cards revolve around level 3 monsters. Then its effect is detach one to special summon a level 4 or lower monster from banished (removed from play for those behind the times). that is an amazing effect as most card that remove themselves from play have highly valuable abilities or this being used to bring back something in the case of chaos that was removed as cost. Not forgetting that 2 bottomless and 3 prison are around. this effect can be used on the turn to create interesting chains of combo's.

Now i like it mostly because in the case of agent you have a Venus and drop a bird man. Now you have options to ether sychro for any level or bring out the sea dragon to pull back a removed earth or Venus to sychro for more. Its the options of being accessible and being able to create more plays that makes it appealing.

But this cards isnt just an option. I just figured out that you could pull a full fledged otk with this card and a soon to be card of the week of mine, rescue rabbit. Summon rabbit, remove to special summon 2 level 3 normals, xyz sea dragon, used effect bring back rabbit, again and agin then finish off with a rank four xyz if you have enaf normals. If you wana know what it do's wait for may review!
Highly unlikely that that would be a competitive strategy but being able to create a play like that make this a valuable tool in you extra deck.

Rating 9/10 its a card built to crate big plays and it can definitely do that in the right deck.

Artwork 3/10 it looks kinda crappy for a dragon...but since its aqua 7/10. But whats up with the flames?

Last edited by Jascha on Tue Sep 13, 2011 6:18 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Yudheer
Veteran
Yudheer

PostSubject: Re: CARD OF THE WEEK   CARD OF THE WEEK - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 12, 2011 9:32 pm

Even with the new rulings, tour guide is one of the best card this format also good review, however rabbits effect can only be used once per turn and i do believe that rabbit will spawn come strong competitive strategy
Back to top Go down
Jascha
Jascha

PostSubject: Re: CARD OF THE WEEK   CARD OF THE WEEK - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 12, 2011 10:01 pm

ill blood, gigaplant and faultroll can only be used once per turn and so as dewloren. they reset after leaving field. pulling sangan is awesome but trag is way better for sychro and xyz. i wasnt dissing rabbit i was just talking about my idea. rabbit will dominate just like cat.
Back to top Go down
Darksoul
Veteran
Darksoul

PostSubject: Re: CARD OF THE WEEK   CARD OF THE WEEK - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 12, 2011 10:13 pm

(When did they change removed from play to banished?) Suspect
Back to top Go down
Jascha
Jascha

PostSubject: Re: CARD OF THE WEEK   CARD OF THE WEEK - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 13, 2011 6:10 am

recently. quite a few things have changed. all heros including destiny, evil, and the new vision and masked are all under one archtype not called HERO. banithed is removed from play. removed from the field is leaves the field (i think). i cant remember the rest. ask mung
Back to top Go down
Yudheer
Veteran
Yudheer

PostSubject: Re: CARD OF THE WEEK   CARD OF THE WEEK - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 13, 2011 8:58 am

Jascha wrote:
ill blood, gigaplant and faultroll can only be used once per turn and so as dewloren. they reset after leaving field. pulling sangan is awesome but trag is way better for sychro and xyz. i wasnt dissing rabbit i was just talking about my idea. rabbit will dominate just like cat.

Its more like a Pot of duality type clause, the effect of rescue rabbit may only be activated once per turn as apposed to this cards effect can only be activated once per turn.
Back to top Go down
Darksoul
Veteran
Darksoul

PostSubject: Re: CARD OF THE WEEK   CARD OF THE WEEK - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 13, 2011 4:05 pm

WHAT? They're not called "HERO'S" anymore? What are they then?
Back to top Go down
Jascha
Jascha

PostSubject: Re: CARD OF THE WEEK   CARD OF THE WEEK - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 13, 2011 6:04 pm

o makes sence.
Back to top Go down
Tirion
Veteran
Tirion

PostSubject: Re: CARD OF THE WEEK   CARD OF THE WEEK - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 14, 2011 3:45 am

Yo David they are all called "HERO"(all in uppercase).

Back to top Go down
Sabbaticus
Admin
Sabbaticus

PostSubject: Re: CARD OF THE WEEK   CARD OF THE WEEK - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 14, 2011 1:36 pm

Hero monsters are now (mostly) HERO monsters.
"We have 3 kinds of ‘Hero’ monsters from Yu-Gi-Oh! GX right now: Elemental Heroes, Destiny Heroes, and Evil Heroes. Coming soon we’ll be adding Masked Heroes and Vision Heroes to that list.

Right now, on cards like Elemental Hero Stratos, we write out ‘Elemental Hero, Destiny Hero, or Evil Hero card’ for effects that work on all 3 kinds. Instead of adding ‘or Masked Hero, or Vision Hero’ in the future, we’re going to pull a comic book-style retcon, and just change the names of all the GX Hero-class monsters from Hero to HERO (all-caps).

This applies to monster card names:
Elemental HERO Tempest
Destiny HERO Dasher
Evil HERO Dark Gaia

As well as effects. Elemental HERO Stratos for example would say:
Add 1 “HERO” monster from your Deck to your hand."

'Remove from play' is now 'Banish'
"The phrase ‘remove from play’ is being replaced with the single word ‘banish’:
Old:
Remove from play 1 face-up monster.
New:
Banish 1 face-up monster.

The old ‘remove from play’ phrase could get clunky sometimes. In normal English you would say ‘remove 1 monster from play’. But that becomes a problem when it was something like ‘remove 1 face-up Warrior-Type EARTH monster with 1500 or more ATK that attacked last turn from play’. By the time you get to the words ‘from play’ at the end, you’ve forgotten where you started.

‘Banish’ as a single word is simple, short, and clean. And will make a lot of card texts easier on the brain."

The other changes are 'removed from the field' to 'leaves the field', piercing battle damage, and 'selected as an attack target' to 'targeted for an attack'.

Last edited by Sabbaticus on Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CARD OF THE WEEK   CARD OF THE WEEK - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

CARD OF THE WEEK
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next