Yu-Gi-Oh! South African Trade Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Control vs Aggro Decks

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Dax11
Veteran
Dax11

Control vs Aggro Decks  Empty
PostSubject: Control vs Aggro Decks    Control vs Aggro Decks  EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 8:08 pm

Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
_M_a_X_

_M_a_X_

PostSubject: Re: Control vs Aggro Decks    Control vs Aggro Decks  EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 12:20 am

Why not both?
Back to top Go down
Dax11
Veteran
Dax11

PostSubject: Re: Control vs Aggro Decks    Control vs Aggro Decks  EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 4:22 am

Lol i meant to add both in the title but i forgot but still, thoughs, opinions etc.
Back to top Go down
_M_a_X_

_M_a_X_

PostSubject: Re: Control vs Aggro Decks    Control vs Aggro Decks  EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 7:54 am

It's all personal preference. What makes a deck good is consistency and speed.
Back to top Go down
quad

quad

PostSubject: Re: Control vs Aggro Decks    Control vs Aggro Decks  EmptyWed Mar 14, 2012 5:15 pm

what makes a deck good is the ability to T1 laggia and set 4 backrow
Back to top Go down
MutG
Veteran
MutG

PostSubject: Re: Control vs Aggro Decks    Control vs Aggro Decks  EmptyWed Mar 14, 2012 6:31 pm

Which is REALLY seldom LOL
Back to top Go down
quad

quad

PostSubject: Re: Control vs Aggro Decks    Control vs Aggro Decks  EmptyWed Mar 14, 2012 7:19 pm

MutG wrote:
Which is REALLY seldom LOL
39.43%
Back to top Go down
MutG
Veteran
MutG

PostSubject: Re: Control vs Aggro Decks    Control vs Aggro Decks  EmptyFri Mar 16, 2012 5:02 pm

of summoning a laggia and setting 4 back-row? LOL
Back to top Go down
Dax11
Veteran
Dax11

PostSubject: Re: Control vs Aggro Decks    Control vs Aggro Decks  EmptySat Mar 17, 2012 6:29 am

Wink
Back to top Go down
quad

quad

PostSubject: Re: Control vs Aggro Decks    Control vs Aggro Decks  EmptySat Mar 17, 2012 12:23 pm

Control vs Aggro Decks  2afz7g7
Back to top Go down
MutG
Veteran
MutG

PostSubject: Re: Control vs Aggro Decks    Control vs Aggro Decks  EmptySun Mar 18, 2012 9:04 am

dude. you said there is almost a 40% chance of a first turn Laggia and setting 4 back-rows. DUDE. do you even know what the deck is?
Back to top Go down
Dax11
Veteran
Dax11

PostSubject: Re: Control vs Aggro Decks    Control vs Aggro Decks  EmptySun Mar 18, 2012 11:19 am

Lol it did happen against Irshaad Laggia Fissure and 3 backrow ;P
Back to top Go down
MutG
Veteran
MutG

PostSubject: Re: Control vs Aggro Decks    Control vs Aggro Decks  EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 6:03 pm

It was thunder king.
Back to top Go down
Dax11
Veteran
Dax11

PostSubject: Re: Control vs Aggro Decks    Control vs Aggro Decks  EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 6:16 pm

Thought i saw a Laggia Razz then 40 percent is way off.
Back to top Go down
quad

quad

PostSubject: Re: Control vs Aggro Decks    Control vs Aggro Decks  EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 8:40 pm

MutG wrote:
dude. you said there is almost a 40% chance of a first turn Laggia and setting 4 back-rows. DUDE. do you even know what the deck is?

I was clearly being facetious.

I was clearly just looking at standard 3/1/6/40 odds of the T1 Laggia. Although, if you wish I could do the required probability calculations for Laggia/set 4 (assuming factors such as doing a 4 set with one being a dud in attempts to mitigate MST's etc), but I digress.

I'm well aware what the deck is and how it operates.

I’m amused that your only responsive to my obvious trolling is to point out the 39% statistic simply refers to the ability to open with a T1 Solemn Judgment with legs that due to OSIE and the TCG’s other fullretardness will most likely resolve on the board.

I truly hope you aren’t underplaying a decks ability to drop a walking Solemn on T1 39% of the time that either requires your opponent having select card combinations to break the board without burning resources or to do so anyway, especially considering the fact that rabbit.dek could give less of a **** if you do so.

If you wish to change this to an actual, non-sarcastic discussion about rabbit.dek I'll be glad to do so assuming you can leave your clear bias and subjectivity at the door. The deck is stupidly one dimensional, which albeit isn't saying much when you consider that is a result of the current gamestate and factors such as power creep. Which I guess is the problem with this conversation in the first place – At what point do you simply cave and realize the game is, for a lack of a better word, broken.

You strike me as a smart and competitive player, please don’t tell me you’ve disillusioned yourself into believing the deck requires any actual skill. Pull up some YCS matches of randi’s playing the deck and count the misplays. I did. It's really amusing.

I'm a bit busy, but I am following the thread. PM me if you wish to continue this discussion, I reckon with some civility it could be an interesting one.
Back to top Go down
MutG
Veteran
MutG

PostSubject: Re: Control vs Aggro Decks    Control vs Aggro Decks  EmptyTue Mar 20, 2012 5:20 pm

I don't say it's not a deck which requires skill. It obviously does, like all decks, but it's not that much. But due to the banned list, there are many decks that don't require skill. Wind-Ups: If they have Shark and either a Tour Guide, Hunter, or Magician in hand, they auto-win. Similar to many decks, though. All decks nowadays, are one-dimensional. Six Sam: Summon herpderp into Shi-En. Wind-Ups: get the loop. Gadgets: summon, set 3, etc, etc.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Control vs Aggro Decks    Control vs Aggro Decks  Empty

Back to top Go down

Control vs Aggro Decks
Page 1 of 1