Yu-Gi-Oh! South African Trade Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Nationals 2011

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
MutG
Veteran
MutG

Nationals 2011 Empty
PostSubject: Nationals 2011   Nationals 2011 EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 3:57 pm

So this is my Nationals Report of 2011: I decide to go up with Uqail Abrahams, and Muneer Cassiem. I don't go to school the Friday, as our plane flew from Cape Town at 6am. We meet-up with Siddeeq Orrie at the airport and tell him we'll see him in Johannesburg. His flight left about 10 minutes before ours. We get to Johannesburg at about 9am, and we get the car and off we go! I sit in the front and Uqail decides to set some system in the back of the car, while Muneer drives us to the hotel. It takes about 20 minutes to get to the hotel, but before that, we stop at McDonalds to have some breakfast. We eat, and as we about to leave, we see Siddeeq and his dad! We tell them where we were staying, and when we finally get to the hotel, Siddeeq and his dad decide to stay at the same one! And their room was next to ours! This is all at about 11am – 12am. We decide to play-test a little bit, while Uqail sleeves his deck. I make a trade with Uqail, and it was time to pray! We go for lunch to the mall, have some lunch, and head back. We go back and play-test until Siddeeq’s dad comes with us for supper! We have supper and go back to the hotel and play-test some more. I was tired, and Siddeeq decided to sleep in our hotel room.

We wake-up at about 7am, and have breakfast, and head-out to the venue! I made some good sales, and didn’t trade, as I decided it was going to lead to too much knowledge of my deck. This was only my second Nationals. This is it. My second Nationals, and playing for much more than just prizes! Uqail was playing Six Samurai, Muneer was playing Lightsworn, Siddeeq was playing Infernities, and I was playing X-Sabers.

Round 1: (Don’t Remember) vs. Macro

Game 1:

He summoned D.D. Crazy Beast, set 1 and ended. I set XX-Saber Emmersblade and ended. He summoned D.D. Warrior Lady on his following turn, and
attacked, removing my XX-Saber Emmersblade! I dropped Gorz the Emissary of Darkness on his D.D. Crazy Beast, and it took both of his monsters out thanks to the token in my next turn! He gets over my field thanks to a Lightning Vortex after activating Macro Cosmos and summoned a D.D. Survivor. I then drew for my next turn and went: XX-Saber Boggart Knight, X-Saber Pashuul and XX-Saber Faultroll!

Game 2:

XX-Saber Hyunlei put some work in. I chained Mystical Space Typhoon to his attack, and that let my XX-Saber Darksoul’s effect kick-in! I was then allowed to pull-off a string of Special Summons with XX-Saber Boggart Knight, XX-Saber Fulhelmknight and XX-Saber Faultroll to attack for the match, and my first match in Nationals 2011!

Record: 1-0

Round 2: (Don’t Remember) vs. Gravekeeper’s

Game 1:

He attacked my face-down XX-Saber Emmersblade with Spear Soldier and I grabbed an XX-Saber Darksoul. Next turn I XX-Saber Hyunlei and I get too many pluses!

Game 2:
He just seemed to always have the answer. He flipped Gravekeeper’s Spy and Gravekeeper’s Descendant plays followed shortly.

Game 3:
Best game I’ve ever played. Ever. He manages to get 2 Gravekeeper’s Visionary out, and a face-up Gravekeeper’s Spy, but I have a Gorz the Emissary of Darkness and a massive token! The token stays in face-up defence position for a while. He set a monster which he flip summoned in his next turn – Gravekeeper’s Guard! I kept telling myself that I couldn’t lose! He targeted my token and I look at my face-downs and chain Torrential Tribute! He only had one card in-hand and used it to save his one Gravekeeper’s Visionary, but I chained Effect Veiler! The entire field gets wiped! I proceed to win next turn with an XX-Saber Boggart Knight, XX-Saber Fulhelmknight and XX-Saber Faultroll!

Record: 2-0

Round 3: Yudheer (Gravekeeper’s)

Game 1

Good game. We both used Solemn Warnings and Solemn Judgment, leaving us low on life points. So I just summoned an XX-Saber Fulhelmknight to win the game a few turns later!

Game 2:

Different story. He had the Solemn Warnings and Solemn Judgment, but this time some Dimensional Prisons, too.

Game 3:

It came down to this: He had a face-up Necrovalley, a face-up Gravekeeper’s Guard, a face-down, and one card in-hand. I declare an attack with my Gorz the Emissary of Darkness and he chained Compulsory Evacuation Device on my Gorz the Emissary of Darkness! In Main Phase 2 I activated Mystical Space Typhoon on his Necrovalley, summoned XX-Saber Darksoul, and activated Gottoms’ Emergency Call! I managed to have an end-field of: Stardust Dragon, XX-Saber Boggart Knight, and XX-Saber Gottoms! I then got through a top-decked Gravekeeper’s Spy and win in my next two turns!

Record: 3-0

Round 4: Marius Du Preez (Dragunity)

Game 1:

He goes first and gets a Ravine! A Scrap Dragon play followed and he ended with Scrap Dragon and a face-down card! I set a monster and set two back-rows. He then Giant Trunade’s, summons Red-Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon! He then blows-up my face-down via Scrap Dragon’s effect! I then show him why I chose X-Sabers over other decks! I activate Giant Trunade, normal summoned XX-Saber Boggart Knight, XX-Saber Faultroll followed shortly and a Brionac, Dragon of the Ice Barrier wins me the game!

Game 2:

He keeps telling me that he has the game. Nothing happened. I activated Pulling the Rug on his monsters and Solemn Judgment on another! He then thinks he could chain his face-down, but it was a Solemn Warning thinking it was a Solemn Judgment! I then normal summoned XX-Saber Fulhelmknight and he Solemn Warning’s it! I then flip summoned my X-Saber Pashuul and tuned it to XX-Saber Emmersblade for Ally of Justice Catastor to attack for the win!

He ended-up coming 9th.

Record: 4-0

Round 5: Erron Govender (Six Samurai)

Game 1:

He first turn summons Shi-En and summons Kizan, and set 1! I then activated Giant Trunade, to which he didn’t negate! I then activated Pot of Duality and he negated it! I then proceed to activate Mind Control on Shi-En, summon X-Saber Pashuul, Synchro Summon Urbellum! I then Monster Reborn Shi-En and attack! I then proceed to win next turn as I summon Effect Veiler and tune it to Urbellum for Thought Ruler Archfiend!

Game 2:

He dropped a Gorz the Emissary of Darkness. And in his next turn he summoned Shi-En! I then activate Puppet Plant, Dark Hole the field and end. He set 1 and ended. I summoned Thunder King Rai-Oh, but he activated Bottomless Trap Hole! I then chained Book of Moon! I set 1 and ended. He then set 1 and ended. I then activated Giant Trunade, flip summoned Thunder King Rai-Oh to attack for the match!
Yeah. I just won in the most anticipated match of Nationals 2011.

Record: 5-0

Round 6: Shaylin Govender (Gladiator Beasts)

Game 1 and 2:

Before the game started, I was first place after 5 rounds of swiss.
Luck’s pretty bad. He set 4 back-rows and summoned a monster. He also manages to Effect Veiler(freshly drawn) my Trishula! He then top-decks a Penguin Soldier!

Record: 5-1

It’s good to note that he came up to me after the match and noted that he sacked me unfairly. But that’s the game.

Top 8: Rishay Dhanraj (Six Samurai)

Game 1 and 2:

Worst games. Ever. He first turns Giant Trunade’s my 4 back-row cards and summoned a Naturia Barkion. He then summoned a Shi-En, and when I attempted to come-back, he had Royal Oppression! BOTH GAMES.

Best Nationals? I think so. Got loads of prizes and experience! I would like to thanks a lot of people:

Treveshan Pather
Uqail Abrahams
Muneer Cassiem
Siddeeq Orrie
Siddeeq’s Dad
Everyone who I played

And a special, special thanks goes out to my family!

cheers

Last edited by BlackCat on Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Yudheer
Veteran
Yudheer

Nationals 2011 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nationals 2011   Nationals 2011 EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 5:05 pm

Was a good nats this year,however really hated the blatant what was it racism? prejudice? from some of the players

BlackCat wrote:

Round 5: Erron Govender (Six Samurai)

Game 1:

He first turn summons Shi-En and summons Kizan, and set 1! I then activated Giant Trunade, to which he didn’t negate! I then activated Pot of Duality and he negated it! I then proceed to activate Mind Control on Shi-En, summon X-Saber Pashuul, Synchro Summon Urbellum! I then Monster Reborn Shi-En and attack! I then proceed to win next turn as I summon Effect Veiler and tune it to Urbellum for Thought Ruler Archfiend!

Game 2:

He dropped a Gorz the Emissary of Darkness. And in his next turn he summoned Shi-En! I then activate Puppet Plant, Dark Hole the field and end. He set 1 and ended. I summoned Thunder King Rai-Oh, but he activated Bottomless Trap Hole! I then chained Book of Moon! I set 1 and ended. He then set 1 and ended. I then activated Giant Trunade, flip summoned Thunder King Rai-Oh to attack for the match!
Yeah. I just won in the most anticipated match of Nationals 2011.

Record: 5-0

cheers

This was a let down considering the hype and not to forget his mat was paper...
Back to top Go down
dragonite
dragonite

Nationals 2011 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nationals 2011   Nationals 2011 EmptyTue Jun 07, 2011 8:13 am

Sounds awesome! Wish I was there..
Back to top Go down
Tirion
Veteran
Tirion

Nationals 2011 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nationals 2011   Nationals 2011 EmptyTue Jun 07, 2011 12:34 pm

but I saw you there at Nats. You we jump up and down the stage and telling every which table to sit at, you also beat brandon in the First Round.
The reason people go to Nationals every year just to meet Uqail ''the Champ'' Abraham.
Back to top Go down
Yudheer
Veteran
Yudheer

Nationals 2011 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nationals 2011   Nationals 2011 EmptyTue Jun 07, 2011 1:01 pm

Tirion wrote:
but I saw you there at Nats. You we jump up and down the stage and telling every which table to sit at, you also beat brandon in the First Round.
The reason people go to Nationals every year just to meet Uqail ''the Champ'' Abraham.

Thats not completely true i go to touch him
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Nationals 2011 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nationals 2011   Nationals 2011 Empty

Back to top Go down

Nationals 2011
Page 1 of 1