Yu-Gi-Oh! South African Trade Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Card Review - Doom Dozer

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Tirion
Veteran
Tirion

Card Review - Doom Dozer Empty
PostSubject: Card Review - Doom Dozer   Card Review - Doom Dozer EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 7:59 am

With the TCG release of the most powerful Insect Archtype only weeks away(sneak don't count as a release), today I would like to review a monster that actually got me started with a pure Insect deck, Doom Dozer.

Now about the time Shadow of Infinity was released, I was deckless. I bought 1 SOI Booster, opened it up an to my surprise I pulled 3 Insects, a little Silent Insect, Sabre Beetle and the Doom Dozer. It's have if faith told me you have no deck here play these.

Doom Dozer
Earth / Insect
ATK 2800 - DEF 2600
Effect :
This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set.
This card cannot be Special Summoned except
by removing from play 2 Insect-Type monsters
from your Graveyard. When this card inflicts
Battle Damage to your opponent, send 1 card
from the top of your opponent's Deck to the
Graveyard.

Since then Doom Dozer has played a key role in most wins( and loses) that my insect deck had.
The card itself as easy Special Summon requirement, just remove 2 insects in the Graveyard and Special Summon. He does have a downside of not being able to be Special Summoned any other way. This summon requirement way made even easier by the release off Verdant Sanctuary, which can help you full your Graveyard faster while keeping some consistency by adding Insect to your hand.
You will also need to note his secondary effect is a double edge sword, on the upside insects have good potential to deck out your opponent. In a deck running Needle Worm, Warm Worm and Shield Worm, Doom Dozer fits in adding more deck destruction. The downside its not cool to mill 1 card from your opponents deck and you send LS Wulf, Spore, Glow-up Bulb and so on.
Doom Dozer is primarily Insects greatest Beat Stick. His Special Summon has some restriction which him not been able to be Special Summoned any other way, but with 2800 ATK and 2600 DEF(ATK and DEF stats shared by the Dark Magician of Chaos) he will make an impact on any duel.
Now for his Artwork, now I know most people hate bugs but you gotta admit Dozer Looks Awesome. This big Centerpied smashing rock as it moves with its Aztec Tribal Markings.

In closing Doom Dozer gave Insects a Boss Monster to look up to, but he as not seen much competitive uses(outside of Demise OTK). I hope that with the release of Inzektors, Doom Dozer will see a little competitive play.

So card Scores 6 out of 10 playerablity, the summoning requirements need Insects and there are not a lot of competitive insect out there(for now)
7 out of 10 for the artwork, just imagine how awesome an ultra rare would look.
Back to top Go down
Yudheer
Veteran
Yudheer

PostSubject: Re: Card Review - Doom Dozer   Card Review - Doom Dozer EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 10:10 am

Tirion wrote:

7 out of 10 for the artwork, just imagine how awesome an ultra rare would look.
That thing looks crap
Back to top Go down
Tirion
Veteran
Tirion

PostSubject: Re: Card Review - Doom Dozer   Card Review - Doom Dozer EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 11:53 am

I did Say Most people Hate Bugs.
Back to top Go down
dragonite
dragonite

PostSubject: Re: Card Review - Doom Dozer   Card Review - Doom Dozer EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 11:07 am

I don't really see him being that good in Inzektors though because they wanna equip things from the grave rather than the hand and removing them is kinds counter-intuative. He is rather a win more card in that deck, by the time they have excess insects in the grave they really should be on top.
Back to top Go down
Tirion
Veteran
Tirion

PostSubject: Re: Card Review - Doom Dozer   Card Review - Doom Dozer EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 3:23 pm

Well I was just Hoping it would see play.

Maybe in a Insect Rabbit build running neo bug, insect knight and a couple of XYZ's and throw in a Doom Dozer, would be pretty interesting.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Card Review - Doom Dozer   Card Review - Doom Dozer Empty

Back to top Go down

Card Review - Doom Dozer
Page 1 of 1