Yu-Gi-Oh! South African Trade Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Card Review - Wind-up Zen Maister

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Tirion
Veteran
Tirion

Card Review - Wind-up Zen Maister Empty
PostSubject: Card Review - Wind-up Zen Maister   Card Review - Wind-up Zen Maister EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 3:06 pm

This week I made the decision to review my First Xyz Monster. Currently I kinda like only two Xyz and since Jasche already did the Leviair the sea Dragon, today I present my second favourite Xyz Monster, Wind-Up Zen Maister.

Wind-Up Zenmaister
Earth / Machine
Rank 4 / AKT 1900 / DEF 1500
2 Level 4 monsters
This card gains 300 ATK for each Xyz Material attached to this card. Once per turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card to target 1 face-up monster you control; change it to face-down Defense Position, and during the End Phase of this turn, change it to face-up Attack Position.

The first of his effects, gives him 300 ATK bonus for each Exceed Material attached to him. Helpful see as his base ATK is a mediocre 1900. When he gets summon his ATK is boosted to 2500, which puts it on par with your Stardust Dragons and is good enough to take out most of the basic monsters in any deck.
All of that being said it was the second effect of this card that made it stand out for me. Detach 1 of the material and flip a face-up monster you control face down, during your End Phase it flipped face-up into attack position. Now being a Wind-up monster, he can help you reuse the effect of any Wind-up Monster who's effect you had already activated (FYI : all Wind-up Monster so far can only activate there effects once while they are face-up on the field). Having Wind-up in its name we would all expect it to work with them, but where else can it be useful.
Well he shines in a Worm Deck, it is easily summoned using Worm Xex and Worm Yagan, reusing all the big and small flip effects and when Yagan is detached it doesn't banish itself it goes back to the graveyard await being Special Summoned again. Your basic Needle Worm and Morphing Jar decks would also use this guy to reuse there effects but it is abit slow. I like it cause I am a Gravekeeper Player and Zen Maister is easily summoned in a GK Deck using spys and if played right you can flip the spy reusing his effect to seach or guards effect to bounce.

The upside of playing this card,
+ Easily Summonable
+ Gets an ATK Bonus
+ Good Tech for Flip Effect Decks

Its Downside
- Loses ATK each time you use his effect
- Low Base ATK and DEF
- Is very Slow for most Decks

The Artwork of this Card, its a Giant Robotic Monster can anyone say Transformers, Oh, oh you we thinking Gundam.
7 out of 10 for Playability, what can I say it works in my deck and a lot of other(don't hate cause it don't work in your decks)
8 out of 10 for Artwork,Optimus" Autobots move Out" .
All in all its a good card to take a look at.
Back to top Go down

Card Review - Wind-up Zen Maister
Page 1 of 1