Yu-Gi-Oh! South African Trade Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Card Review - Magical Dimension

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Tirion
Veteran
Tirion

Card Review - Magical Dimension Empty
PostSubject: Card Review - Magical Dimension   Card Review - Magical Dimension EmptySun Sep 04, 2011 10:46 am

I just felt like doing a card review so when looking through my file and found the most awesome bit of spellcaster support in the game.

Magical Dimension
Spell Card – Quick-Play
Activate only while you control a face-up Spellcaster-Type monster. Tribute 1 monster and Special Summon 1 Spellcaster-Type monster from your hand. Then, you can destroy 1 monster on the field.

I love my Spellcaster-type cards and support and in my opinion this is the best support card released to date for Spellcaster. Tribute any monster while you control a face-up Spellcaster and Special Summon any Spellcaster(that can be Special Summoned) from your hand, that effect in its self is cool. The ability to tribute a monster and get an even bigger monster out on the field can give you a good advantage in a problem situation.

But just having this mediocre effect to Summon is not all this card can do, once your monster is Summoned you can choose to destroy one monster on the field. Face-up, face-down, Attack position, defence or even your own monster it don’t matter and this effect of this card does not target. I personally love that fact that you can destroy Stardust Dragon with this card.

With just these two effects Magical Dimension is a good card, but there are a lot of “good cards” in yugioh, this card goes one further, being Quick-Play you can chain to opponents card effects and activate in the opponents turn. This can come in handy to get that extra damage or when you opponent activates an effect of a card that targets monsters you control.

Now the Artwork of this awesome card, it’s a coffin in a different dimension a very magical place and if you look at the coffins it was like it was built to summon the Dark Magician

So all in all the Cards playablity gets 9 out of 10 just think about it you only ever gonna play it with Spellcaster-type monster and they are awesome.
Artwork gets a 6 out of 10 there are much better looking Spellcater support cards out there.

Back to top Go down
MutG
Veteran
MutG

PostSubject: Re: Card Review - Magical Dimension   Card Review - Magical Dimension EmptySun Sep 04, 2011 11:07 am

Pretty awesome. Good job. It would be super great if the users, who wanted to, set-up their own pages like this of card reviews. Then they could do it whenever they wanted to. Then, we can each have a go at the card of the week. Super cool idea?
Back to top Go down
Yudheer
Veteran
Yudheer

PostSubject: Re: Card Review - Magical Dimension   Card Review - Magical Dimension EmptySun Sep 04, 2011 11:33 am

Yeah it is a super cool idea, what would also be cool is if the users of this site would actually, you know, use this site

Tirion wrote:

the most awesome bit of spellcaster support in the game.

LIES!!! have you not seen Photon Shockwaves` TCG exclusive yet....

Card Review - Magical Dimension TTM

Back to top Go down
Tirion
Veteran
Tirion

PostSubject: Re: Card Review - Magical Dimension   Card Review - Magical Dimension EmptyMon Sep 05, 2011 3:40 am

I did say best support released to date.

I prefer being a 6 star effect spellcaster with DMG's status and that's gonna be our sneak card. Pretty awesome since you can use anything as spellcounters, putting 10 ten kilogram weights in his hand and if he takes it out you win talk about endurance dueling. LOL
Back to top Go down
Yudheer
Veteran
Yudheer

PostSubject: Re: Card Review - Magical Dimension   Card Review - Magical Dimension EmptyMon Sep 05, 2011 8:12 am

Ya the 7 stars really knocks down playability but then again it would be too broken. I heard after Photon Shockwaves release its going to be mandatory to use actual Photon Shocks as spellcounters so we'll see
Back to top Go down
Jascha
Jascha

PostSubject: Re: Card Review - Magical Dimension   Card Review - Magical Dimension EmptyMon Sep 05, 2011 6:11 pm

Yudheer wrote:
Yeah it is a super cool idea, what would also be cool is if the users of this site would actually, you know, use this site

Tirion wrote:

the most awesome bit of spellcaster support in the game.

LIES!!! have you not seen Photon Shockwaves` TCG exclusive yet....

Card Review - Magical Dimension TTM

firstly...HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

secondly good job dude. thats a awesome review. i smak
Back to top Go down
Yudheer
Veteran
Yudheer

PostSubject: Re: Card Review - Magical Dimension   Card Review - Magical Dimension EmptyMon Sep 05, 2011 6:14 pm

It was a good review man, get a weekly article
Back to top Go down
Jascha
Jascha

PostSubject: Re: Card Review - Magical Dimension   Card Review - Magical Dimension EmptyMon Sep 05, 2011 6:16 pm

question...did you type that from your phone or your work pc?
Back to top Go down
Tirion
Veteran
Tirion

PostSubject: Re: Card Review - Magical Dimension   Card Review - Magical Dimension EmptyMon Sep 05, 2011 6:23 pm

Did it on word on the laptop sent to phone and cut and paste from word to site on phone.

Back to top Go down
Jascha
Jascha

PostSubject: Re: Card Review - Magical Dimension   Card Review - Magical Dimension EmptyMon Sep 05, 2011 6:29 pm

hard core but effective
Back to top Go down
Tirion
Veteran
Tirion

PostSubject: Re: Card Review - Magical Dimension   Card Review - Magical Dimension EmptyMon Sep 05, 2011 6:44 pm

Yip we don't smaak softcore. I will try to do something every weekend. Will try different things not just card reviews. I also think your card of the week idea could be nice if we get 3 or 4 people reviewing the same card like how pojo has it.

Back to top Go down
Jascha
Jascha

PostSubject: Re: Card Review - Magical Dimension   Card Review - Magical Dimension EmptyMon Sep 05, 2011 6:46 pm

I agree. maybe we put it to a vote with a list of cards then the one that wins will get reviewed
Back to top Go down
Yudheer
Veteran
Yudheer

PostSubject: Re: Card Review - Magical Dimension   Card Review - Magical Dimension EmptyMon Sep 05, 2011 7:09 pm

As good as all these ideas are, what exactly is the use? most of the users are Durban guys who we see on a regular basis so we already know each others opinions on cards/decks/etc so it again becomes irrelevant. The other very FEW users that use the site mostly only use it for trade functionality so again it becomes irrelevant. Then there are the many GUEST users, who I'm not sure if they are users too lazy to log on or duelists who don't want to register and use the site which makes no sense???

More shockingly you two tell me that there is like close to 100 people on the facebook page yet we only got like 29 users here, WTF is the explanation for this??

So why exactly do you'll wanna do these things?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Card Review - Magical Dimension   Card Review - Magical Dimension Empty

Back to top Go down

Card Review - Magical Dimension
Page 1 of 1