Yu-Gi-Oh! South African Trade Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Card Review - Gagaga Magician

Go down 
+2
Yudheer
Tirion
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Tirion
Veteran
Tirion

Card Review - Gagaga Magician Empty
PostSubject: Card Review - Gagaga Magician   Card Review - Gagaga Magician EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 3:06 pm

I was gonna do a ultra rare trap card I had found in Gen Force this week but there were to many objections from friends so I went look for my card of the week. So this week I present a New Spellcaster-type monster released in Gen Force that I belive has a lot of potential to Exceed.

Gagaga Magician
Dark / Spellcaster / Level 4
ATK 1500. DEF 1000
Once per turn, during your Main Phase: You can declare a Level from 1 to 8; this card becomes that Level until the End Phase. You can only control 1 face-up "Gagaga Magician". This card cannot be
used as a Synchro Material Monster.

A monster that can manipulate its level based on any number you can call (between 1 and Cool, your mind starts thinking of combo and trust me there are a lot. Manipulation of monster levels will come in handy in Exceed summoning the big Boys for example, Normal Summon your Gagaga Magician Special Summon The Tricky(most of you use Cyber Dragon), call level 5 for Gagaga Magicians effect and you got an Adreus or Tireus just that quick. Its not just exceed monsters that can benerfit from this cards effect, manipulate the levels and now you got a card that you can pay cost for any Ritual Spell. Level Eater just loves this guy, being able to come back up to 4 times from the Graveyard every turn.
Gagaga Magician is gonna come in handy when paying cost for card that use high level monsters such as Proof of Powerlessness, Advance force and my personal favorite Advanced Draw. For all its good points and combos it does have its down side.
Cannot be used to Syncro
There Can Be Only One, Gagaga Magician face up on the field.
1500 ATK can easily be attacked over.

Card Review - Gagaga Magician 6v85duapxct5h5f0gh3p

6 out of 10 for its playerablity. I really like the card but it's downsides don't do it any favors
8 out of 10 for the artwork. He really looks just like the Dark Magician, may be a distant relative.

All in all its a good combo card and with the right support can can be very useful in many decks.
Back to top Go down
Yudheer
Veteran
Yudheer

PostSubject: Re: Card Review - Gagaga Magician   Card Review - Gagaga Magician EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 3:16 pm

Must have been hard for you not to mention Gagaga magician's usefulness with Sorcerer of dark magic
Back to top Go down
Tirion
Veteran
Tirion

PostSubject: Re: Card Review - Gagaga Magician   Card Review - Gagaga Magician EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 3:24 pm

It was very hard. Just think about it Yugi used Dark Magician and DMG in the movie to pull Sorcerer we could use Gagaga Magician and Gagaga Girl( she is coming in Photon shockwave and looks just like DMG) to pull Sorcerer.
Back to top Go down
_M_a_X_

_M_a_X_

PostSubject: Re: Card Review - Gagaga Magician   Card Review - Gagaga Magician EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 3:26 pm

Managed to swap for one of these! So much potential.
Back to top Go down
Yudheer
Veteran
Yudheer

PostSubject: Re: Card Review - Gagaga Magician   Card Review - Gagaga Magician EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 4:02 pm

I want 3 now
Back to top Go down
Tirion
Veteran
Tirion

PostSubject: Re: Card Review - Gagaga Magician   Card Review - Gagaga Magician EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 4:30 pm

I need 3 first .

Once again thank you MAX for the Pic

Back to top Go down
Yudheer
Veteran
Yudheer

PostSubject: Re: Card Review - Gagaga Magician   Card Review - Gagaga Magician EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 5:41 pm

True then i can just steal it...
Back to top Go down
_M_a_X_

_M_a_X_

PostSubject: Re: Card Review - Gagaga Magician   Card Review - Gagaga Magician EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 5:57 pm

lol @Yudheer

Gagaga Magician actually reminds me of Kakashi Sensei.
Back to top Go down
Yudheer
Veteran
Yudheer

PostSubject: Re: Card Review - Gagaga Magician   Card Review - Gagaga Magician EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 7:06 pm

Could very well be Kakashi...
Back to top Go down
MutG
Veteran
MutG

PostSubject: Re: Card Review - Gagaga Magician   Card Review - Gagaga Magician EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 12:07 pm

Good review. But card reviews ALWAYS seem to be on spellcasters. This is almost like an international site. People want cards that are used a lot, or are seen as tech cards etc.
Back to top Go down
Yudheer
Veteran
Yudheer

PostSubject: Re: Card Review - Gagaga Magician   Card Review - Gagaga Magician EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 2:16 pm

Just tell them...and to think he wanted to review bottled raigeki...
Back to top Go down
MutG
Veteran
MutG

PostSubject: Re: Card Review - Gagaga Magician   Card Review - Gagaga Magician EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 2:39 pm

I just posted mine!
Back to top Go down
Tirion
Veteran
Tirion

PostSubject: Re: Card Review - Gagaga Magician   Card Review - Gagaga Magician EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 3:23 pm

MutG wrote:
Good review. But card reviews ALWAYS seem to be on spellcasters. This is almost like an international site. People want cards that are used a lot, or are seen as tech cards etc.

I get were you coming from Butters but I have done 4 cards, 1 Spellcaster, 1 Sea Serpent, 1 Spellcaster Support and 1 Fish Support.

The cards that I have done so far are good solid cards with lots of potential, they may not be the top meta cards but with 3 to 4 people reviewing cards on this site, if all of you guys do big meta/anti meta card people will never get to know all the other cards out there.

My next card is not a spellcaster or spellcaster support and has not yet made a impact on the game yet but I will do the review next week anyway.
Back to top Go down
MutG
Veteran
MutG

PostSubject: Re: Card Review - Gagaga Magician   Card Review - Gagaga Magician EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 3:39 pm

Yeah. Sorry bro. We should have someone who does one every alternating day. So for example: Monday = Me. Tuesday = You. Wednesday = Uqail. Thursday = Jascha. And then we need someone for Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
Back to top Go down
Yudheer
Veteran
Yudheer

PostSubject: Re: Card Review - Gagaga Magician   Card Review - Gagaga Magician EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 9:39 pm

Tirion everyday
Back to top Go down
dragonite
dragonite

PostSubject: Re: Card Review - Gagaga Magician   Card Review - Gagaga Magician EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 5:57 am

Good review. I'm not that gaga about it because it destroys card advantage but the versatility of the card does allow for more flowing play. I also haven't seen Xyz make that big of an impact yet that I wanna summon this; his restriction on Synchros is very depressing as that would've been uber broken. Nonetheless I agree that it is something to look out for as a potentially good card.

I don't think anyone wants to be structured to posting on a particular day me most of all. I vote against.

On the card selection, I agree that doing top-meta cards the whole time is silly because they would've been reviewed to death already, but the cards should be playable in reasonable decks. The cards Tirion has done so far while none close to first choice for me are all good additions to interesting decks with potential. I would have found it very hard for you to justify Raigeki Bottle though..
Back to top Go down
Tirion
Veteran
Tirion

PostSubject: Re: Card Review - Gagaga Magician   Card Review - Gagaga Magician EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 7:11 am

So if Bottled Raigeki does not fly, I guess there goes the review on Destiny HERO Dunker.

Ok no unplayable card reviews. I agree with Uqual "the Champ" Abrahams on the subject of different reviewers on different days. Its just a bit difficult with work(especially in the middle of Income Tax Filling season) to post up a review on a specific day.

You guys by all means should keep reviewing the best cards in the Meta Game, being the best players in the country, you shape the South African Meta and can offer a lot more insight into these cards.
Back to top Go down
MutG
Veteran
MutG

PostSubject: Re: Card Review - Gagaga Magician   Card Review - Gagaga Magician EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 3:55 pm

Thanks for the compliment. alien
Back to top Go down
Yudheer
Veteran
Yudheer

PostSubject: Re: Card Review - Gagaga Magician   Card Review - Gagaga Magician EmptySun Oct 02, 2011 10:13 am

i never get one... Sad
Back to top Go down
MutG
Veteran
MutG

PostSubject: Re: Card Review - Gagaga Magician   Card Review - Gagaga Magician EmptySun Oct 02, 2011 11:10 am

good players don't need recognition.
Back to top Go down
Yudheer
Veteran
Yudheer

PostSubject: Re: Card Review - Gagaga Magician   Card Review - Gagaga Magician EmptySun Oct 02, 2011 12:00 pm

I don't know if that's a compliment or if its just condescending
Back to top Go down
MutG
Veteran
MutG

PostSubject: Re: Card Review - Gagaga Magician   Card Review - Gagaga Magician EmptySun Oct 02, 2011 12:07 pm

go with the first thing.
Back to top Go down
Yudheer
Veteran
Yudheer

PostSubject: Re: Card Review - Gagaga Magician   Card Review - Gagaga Magician EmptySun Oct 02, 2011 12:07 pm

Awww Embarassed
Back to top Go down
MutG
Veteran
MutG

PostSubject: Re: Card Review - Gagaga Magician   Card Review - Gagaga Magician EmptySun Oct 02, 2011 12:10 pm

or do you like the latter better.
Back to top Go down
Yudheer
Veteran
Yudheer

PostSubject: Re: Card Review - Gagaga Magician   Card Review - Gagaga Magician EmptySun Oct 02, 2011 12:11 pm

Awwww Sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Card Review - Gagaga Magician   Card Review - Gagaga Magician Empty

Back to top Go down

Card Review - Gagaga Magician
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next