Yu-Gi-Oh! South African Trade Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

MutG's Card Reviews!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
MutG
Veteran
MutG

MutG's Card Reviews! Empty
PostSubject: MutG's Card Reviews!   MutG's Card Reviews! EmptySun Sep 04, 2011 3:57 pm

Alright. This is my first time doing this for the new website. For those of you who don’t know, I used to write articles on the old South African website. I remember doing one on Ryko, Lightsworn Hunter, but will not be doing that again. I would first like to talk about myself, before getting into any specifics about certain cards (yes, cards) and their logistics. This is obviously my background in the game and not my education or stuff like that.

So I started the game in late 2008, and have been an avid player ever since. I have taken breaks here and there, but many of us do that. It’s good to have breaks: you begin to realize what you actually missing and how much you actually do, although, I must say the reason I came back was simple: no more “duties” to perform on Saturdays. You can get your own picture from what I just said. So getting back to my story; after starting in late 2008, I remember starting-off with Gladiator Beasts as my first-level competitive deck; Elemental Hero Prisma and the lot. I remember ending at the top table most tournaments, only to be meeting my friend whom also played the deck. TeleDAD ruined that, but I still didn’t take a fall. Of course my Gladiator Beast deck took a back-stand, but I didn’t let that get me down – I still managed to win tournaments and beat TeleDAD! After that, it was 2009 and I thought I could enter the National Championship that year. I didn’t want to use Gladiator Beasts, as there were too many decks better than that. So I remember at regionals I borrowed (yes, borrowed) another friend’s deck: Lightsworn. I liked the deck and managed to qualify for Nationals with it. I got the cards soon after and went-up to Nationals at the age of 15. I remember beating Muneer Cassiem in the first round, beating Ikraam Soeker (2nd after Swiss), beating Erron Govender (3rd after Swiss), losing to Shaylin Govender (7th after Swiss), beating Ashraf Peck, and losing to Charles Chang (4th after Swiss). I ended-up getting 5th after Swiss. That meant that I would play Charles Chang again. I managed to beat him, beat some guy in top 4 whom beat Uqail Abrahams in top 8, then beat Ikraam Soeker in the finals and became South African National Champion of 2009! I sold my Lightsworn deck later on that year, and picked-up a Zombie deck and started winning locals again. In early 2010 I never got much going and just played QuickDraw Dandywarrior. Didn’t go up to Nationals that year, as I had stuff to attend. Later on in 2010, I picked-up X-Sabers and won the first 7-round tournament in South Africa! And I went undefeated! In late 2010, I still played X-Sabers and played a variation of decks. In early 2011, I played a variation of decks and topped regularly, but winning only about 2-3 tournaments before Nationals 2011. I went up to Nationals 2011 with Uqail Abrahams, Muneer Cassiem and met Siddeeq Orrie, Yasuichi Fujiwara and Dieter Schreiber. But before this, I managed to get my hands on Six Samurai, but didn’t like the idea of the deck and changed to X-Sabers. I beat some guy in the first round, beat some guy in round 2, beat Yudheer in round 3, beat the guy who came 9th in round 4, beat Erron Govender in round 5, and lost to Shaylin Govender in round 6. Unfortunate, as he got caught for cheating later on (Don’t hate, people from Durban).I then lost to the National Champion of 2011 in top 8 and felt disheartened and undone by it. Justice proved its point at the European Championship. Ever since Nationals, I haven’t missed-out on a top 8, and have had about 99% of the time, a top 4 finish and we would usually just split. I ended-up having a good record of over 60 match wins at tournaments and under 10 losses. I have many, many local wins, and consecutive National tops.

Back to top Go down
Darksoul
Veteran
Darksoul

PostSubject: Re: MutG's Card Reviews!   MutG's Card Reviews! EmptySun Sep 04, 2011 6:27 pm

Nice story, but I just wanted to know, how much would you say you spend on yugioh cards.....per month?
Back to top Go down
MutG
Veteran
MutG

PostSubject: Re: MutG's Card Reviews!   MutG's Card Reviews! EmptySun Sep 04, 2011 6:58 pm

now? like nothing. last thing i got was six samurai stuff. 2009 was the only time i actually spent a bit, and i've just been able to get stuff with the cards i have. if you've ever seen all my cards you'd think i own an online site.
Back to top Go down
Yudheer
Veteran
Yudheer

PostSubject: Re: MutG's Card Reviews!   MutG's Card Reviews! EmptySun Sep 04, 2011 7:23 pm

MutG wrote:
Alright. This is my first time doing this for the new website. For those of you who don’t know, I used to write articles on the old South African website. I remember doing one on Ryko, Lightsworn Hunter, but will not be doing that again. I would first like to talk about myself, before getting into any specifics about certain cards (yes, cards) and their logistics. This is obviously my background in the game and not my education or stuff like that.

So I started the game in late 2008, and have been an avid player ever since. I have taken breaks here and there, but many of us do that. It’s good to have breaks: you begin to realize what you actually missing and how much you actually do, although, I must say the reason I came back was simple: no more “duties” to perform on Saturdays. You can get your own picture from what I just said. So getting back to my story; after starting in late 2008, I remember starting-off with Gladiator Beasts as my first-level competitive deck; Elemental Hero Prisma and the lot. I remember ending at the top table most tournaments, only to be meeting my friend whom also played the deck. TeleDAD ruined that, but I still didn’t take a fall. Of course my Gladiator Beast deck took a back-stand, but I didn’t let that get me down – I still managed to win tournaments and beat TeleDAD! After that, it was 2009 and I thought I could enter the National Championship that year. I didn’t want to use Gladiator Beasts, as there were too many decks better than that. So I remember at regionals I borrowed (yes, borrowed) another friend’s deck: Lightsworn. I liked the deck and managed to qualify for Nationals with it. I got the cards soon after and went-up to Nationals at the age of 15. I remember beating Muneer Cassiem in the first round, beating Ikraam Soeker (2nd after Swiss), beating Erron Govender (3rd after Swiss), losing to Shaylin Govender (7th after Swiss), beating Ashraf Peck, and losing to Charles Chang (4th after Swiss). I ended-up getting 5th after Swiss. That meant that I would play Charles Chang again. I managed to beat him, beat some guy in top 4 whom beat Uqail Abrahams in top 8, then beat Ikraam Soeker in the finals and became South African National Champion of 2009! I sold my Lightsworn deck later on that year, and picked-up a Zombie deck and started winning locals again. In early 2010 I never got much going and just played QuickDraw Dandywarrior. Didn’t go up to Nationals that year, as I had stuff to attend. Later on in 2010, I picked-up X-Sabers and won the first 7-round tournament in South Africa! And I went undefeated! In late 2010, I still played X-Sabers and played a variation of decks. In early 2011, I played a variation of decks and topped regularly, but winning only about 2-3 tournaments before Nationals 2011. I went up to Nationals 2011 with Uqail Abrahams, Muneer Cassiem and met Siddeeq Orrie, Yasuichi Fujiwara and Dieter Schreiber. But before this, I managed to get my hands on Six Samurai, but didn’t like the idea of the deck and changed to X-Sabers. I beat some guy in the first round, beat some guy in round 2, beat Yudheer in round 3, beat the guy who came 9th in round 4, beat Erron Govender in round 5, and lost to Shaylin Govender in round 6. Unfortunate, as he got caught for cheating later on (Don’t hate, people from Durban).I then lost to the National Champion of 2011 in top 8 and felt disheartened and undone by it. Justice proved its point at the European Championship. Ever since Nationals, I haven’t missed-out on a top 8, and have had about 99% of the time, a top 4 finish and we would usually just split. I ended-up having a good record of over 60 match wins at tournaments and under 10 losses. I have many, many local wins, and consecutive National tops.

WTF is this ,seriously why???
Back to top Go down
Tirion
Veteran
Tirion

PostSubject: Re: MutG's Card Reviews!   MutG's Card Reviews! EmptySun Sep 04, 2011 7:37 pm

Yo butters that comment about Shaylin cheating was un called for. The boy has beat you fair twice on a National level and once at a Durban Tourny.

You got the experiance the card pool and skill to win most tournys and it would be awesome to get your insite into most meta cards.

Please do a review on Tour Guide as your first card. if you could include the cost of these cards and there ruling on how they work with Xyz monster would be nice.

Back to top Go down
Darksoul
Veteran
Darksoul

PostSubject: Re: MutG's Card Reviews!   MutG's Card Reviews! EmptySun Sep 04, 2011 8:21 pm

MutG wrote:
now? like nothing. last thing i got was six samurai stuff. 2009 was the only time i actually spent a bit, and i've just been able to get stuff with the cards i have. if you've ever seen all my cards you'd think i own an online site.
So how much did you spend in 2009 to get enough cards to sustain yourself?
Back to top Go down
MutG
Veteran
MutG

PostSubject: Re: MutG's Card Reviews!   MutG's Card Reviews! EmptyMon Sep 05, 2011 2:53 pm

yudheer: no point in posting about cards if you no nothing and especially with the link to the Facebook group.

tirion: everyone has their own personal idea of shaylin. As to the tour guide, i already got some cards in mind and i'll just put that on my waiting list. Smile

darksoul: i bought some lightsworn stuff, sold it for more than what i got it for, bought zombies, sold extra zombie stuff. bought people's lists with that spare money and that's how my card pool became the pool it is.
Back to top Go down
Yudheer
Veteran
Yudheer

PostSubject: Re: MutG's Card Reviews!   MutG's Card Reviews! EmptyMon Sep 05, 2011 4:50 pm

what link to facebook?
Back to top Go down
MutG
Veteran
MutG

PostSubject: Re: MutG's Card Reviews!   MutG's Card Reviews! EmptyMon Sep 05, 2011 7:06 pm

I'm saying the facebook group has our site on there.
Back to top Go down
NIEL

NIEL

PostSubject: WOW   MutG's Card Reviews! EmptyMon Sep 12, 2011 4:48 pm

nice story can't wait to see you play at stadium cyclops OH and i am looking forward to your insite on some cards as its coming from a champs point of view.
Back to top Go down
Darksoul
Veteran
Darksoul

PostSubject: Re: MutG's Card Reviews!   MutG's Card Reviews! EmptyMon Sep 12, 2011 5:09 pm

Don't make his head bigger Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Tirion
Veteran
Tirion

PostSubject: Re: MutG's Card Reviews!   MutG's Card Reviews! EmptyMon Sep 12, 2011 5:17 pm

“Arrogance is often the undoing of a would-be
victor” – Kuchiki Byakuya.

Back to top Go down
MutG
Veteran
MutG

PostSubject: Re: MutG's Card Reviews!   MutG's Card Reviews! EmptyMon Sep 12, 2011 6:00 pm

No big head. Just saying the truth. Anyway. Got my article all typed-up and will be posting it soon. Just had a lot to do. Sorry guys.
Back to top Go down
Yudheer
Veteran
Yudheer

PostSubject: Re: MutG's Card Reviews!   MutG's Card Reviews! EmptyMon Sep 12, 2011 6:58 pm

Whats the next review?
Back to top Go down
Darksoul
Veteran
Darksoul

PostSubject: Re: MutG's Card Reviews!   MutG's Card Reviews! EmptyMon Sep 12, 2011 9:11 pm

Lol, which ep is that from Tirion?
Back to top Go down
Tirion
Veteran
Tirion

PostSubject: Re: MutG's Card Reviews!   MutG's Card Reviews! EmptyTue Sep 13, 2011 5:33 am

Yudheer wrote:
Whats the next review?

It is his " next review" coz the first "review" was of himself.

David, its from when Ichigo went bankai for the first time

Yo NIEL, do you play Guitar or Nintendo DS and were you ever in the past refered to as YOUNG NIEL ?
Back to top Go down
Yudheer
Veteran
Yudheer

PostSubject: Re: MutG's Card Reviews!   MutG's Card Reviews! EmptyTue Sep 13, 2011 8:55 am

Your humour is the weakest thing ever
Back to top Go down
MutG
Veteran
MutG

PostSubject: Re: MutG's Card Reviews!   MutG's Card Reviews! EmptyTue Sep 13, 2011 3:16 pm

Alright. So I’m just going to dive right into chatting about the card(s) I am going to be talking about in today’s article. It’s based-on cards this format that I think could be game-breaking as well as the reason to why a few decks have taken a back-stand. The first card is famous and has been used in decks for about a year and it was in many decks at Nationals all over the world. The card I am talking about is none other than Effect Veiler!

Let’s get into the reasons why it is seen in as many decks as it has been in the past, before any of you think, “woah!” There are so many more cards that are better. To me, yes, of course there are cards which are better, but there aren’t that many that can stop “game-breaking” plays. Think about Scraps for a second. Overseas, many of the Scrap decks have been using 2, if not 3 Effect Veiler in the Main Deck. Yes, not Side Deck. At Nationals this year, there were a few people, those namely whom weren’t playing Six Samurai who were plotting it in their Main Decks, too! And there’s a reason for that.

Effect Veiler is incredibly game-breaking, and you actually don’t realize it while playing the game. Imagine, especially this format with all the amazing monster effects out there! Black Luster Soldier – Envoy of the Beginning, Dark Armed Dragon, Judgment Dragon, Tour Guide from the Underworld, Brionac, Dragon of the Ice Barrier, Trishula, Dragon of the Ice Barrier, Master Hyperion, The Agent – Earth, Monarchs, Gadgets, flipping of a Gravekeeper’s Spy, Debris Dragon (even though with the limitation of it has lost its synergy and power) and many more. How many times have you played a game and just wished you could stop your opponent from just destroying your field, or in X-Sabers’ case, your hand? Infernities just going off? How useless do you feel when your opponent with luck top decks a monster-heavy effect card? There’s almost never a time where Effect Veiler is inconsistently drawn or even dead! For those of you who have forgotten, it’s a tuner, too! So especially this format, with the rise of Gorz the Emissary of Darkness, dropping a token and Gorz and next turn summoning a Synchro of 8 stars or even more due to Effect Veiler is incredible! I’ve seen Effect Veiler single-handedly win games and seen the opposing player complaining when that occurs (its effect going off) and there’s nothing that they can do about it! So if I were you, especially with the release of the rares, I would get at least one Effect Veiler to play in my Main Deck!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MutG's Card Reviews!   MutG's Card Reviews! Empty

Back to top Go down

MutG's Card Reviews!
Page 1 of 1