Yu-Gi-Oh! South African Trade Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Card Review: Tragoedia

Go down 
+2
Jascha
dragonite
6 posters
AuthorMessage
dragonite
dragonite

Card Review: Tragoedia Empty
PostSubject: Card Review: Tragoedia   Card Review: Tragoedia EmptyThu Sep 22, 2011 8:51 am

An important shift from last format to this has been the ideology of traps. Where last format you could afford to set as much as you like, this format is defined by how willing you are to risk that Heavy Storm and how many [/i]Mystical Space Typhoon[/i] you think your opponent is playing. To set 1 Spell or Trap is to leave yourself exposed to a simple Mystical Space Typhoon and allowing your opponent free reign for a turn. To set more is asking to be swept away by Heavy Storm (pun intended Smile).

So how do you counter this? By playing cards which help you counter your opponent’s plays, without you having to commit to the field before.

Card Review: Tragoedia Syjwsp7u0n0sqq0cw3e0

”You can Special Summon this card from your hand when you take Battle Damage. This card gains 600 ATK and DEF for each card in your hand. Once per turn, you can send 1 monster from your hand to the Graveyard to take control of 1 face-up monster your opponent controls with the same Level as the sent monster. Once per turn, you can select 1 monster in your Graveyard; this card's Level becomes the same as that monster's, until the End Phase.”

As a surprise card, Tragoedia is an excellent trap to spring on the opponent when they least expect it. With a shift to holding cards in hand rather than the field, it becomes easier for it him to realise high attack points becoming an obscene wall and beatstick at once. The shift in tempo when you go from an open field, to controlling this bad ass can seriously interrupt your opponent’s plays.

The fact that it’s often summoned in the damage step also makes it immune to often played cards like Bottomless Trap Hole and Torrential Tribute. And because it’s any damage step you can even summon him when you take damage in your turn either because you ran into a big defence monster or you opponent used some card to help his monster defeat yours in battle. The advantage this has over cards like Gorz, the Emissary of Darkness and Battle Fader is that it doesn’t require an empty field so its versatility is high.

Speaking of versatility have you read how many effects this has? The most used effects are the ones to summon it and its continuous ability to get attack. But it has some nifty tricks too. The effect to change its level makes it the most versatile material monster for both Xyz and Synchro summoning. Need that high level monster to Synchro summon but just can’t tribute? Need another same level for that Xyz summon? This is the go to card.

And to top it all off, it can even steal your opponent’s monsters by sending a monster from the hand to the grave that is the same level as the targeted monster. Permanently! This effect is more difficult to use because of the matching requirements but in terms of card advantage and field presence it is very advantageous.

When it’s attack points drop low you can use its effects to help swap it for a bigger, better monster!

So does this mean you should go out and ram this card into your deck? No, but consider it for those decks which are very Synchro heavy or play few Traps. And even if you don’t intend to play it, remember that it’s out there and play accordingly.
Back to top Go down
Jascha
Jascha

PostSubject: Re: Card Review: Tragoedia   Card Review: Tragoedia EmptyThu Sep 22, 2011 6:20 pm

my hero Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Sabbaticus
Admin
Sabbaticus

PostSubject: Re: Card Review: Tragoedia   Card Review: Tragoedia EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 3:41 pm

Great review. I especially like this card choice and it's relevance in the current format, what with all the back-row battles going on and the introduction of Xyz's. Nicely done Smile

Last edited by Sabbaticus on Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MutG
Veteran
MutG

PostSubject: Re: Card Review: Tragoedia   Card Review: Tragoedia EmptySun Sep 25, 2011 7:18 am

Good job bro. As well as beating me when I was playing sooooooooooo badly. Didn't deserve to top 8.
Back to top Go down
NIEL

NIEL

PostSubject: Re: Card Review: Tragoedia   Card Review: Tragoedia EmptySun Sep 25, 2011 3:52 pm

What a Face NIce article. I love this card. especiallly when playing tf05 Very Happy nice job can't wait for next review. What a Face
Back to top Go down
dragonite
dragonite

PostSubject: Re: Card Review: Tragoedia   Card Review: Tragoedia EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 6:57 am

Thanks guys! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Yudheer
Veteran
Yudheer

PostSubject: Re: Card Review: Tragoedia   Card Review: Tragoedia EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 9:44 am

I want Trags Sad
Back to top Go down
MutG
Veteran
MutG

PostSubject: Re: Card Review: Tragoedia   Card Review: Tragoedia EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 9:46 am

Uqail you still have mine.
Back to top Go down
dragonite
dragonite

PostSubject: Re: Card Review: Tragoedia   Card Review: Tragoedia EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 10:04 am

No. I have my one. And now I have my other one. Laughing Awesomeness attracts awesomeness so your card migrated to me. to me.

I forgot about it when we were done playing. Lmk if I can borrow it again but either way I'll bring sexy back on Saturday.
Back to top Go down
Yudheer
Veteran
Yudheer

PostSubject: Re: Card Review: Tragoedia   Card Review: Tragoedia EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 10:10 am

but how are you planning to get me to CT on sat? doesn't make sense...
Back to top Go down
MutG
Veteran
MutG

PostSubject: Re: Card Review: Tragoedia   Card Review: Tragoedia EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 10:20 am

haha. bring em glasses.
Back to top Go down
Yudheer
Veteran
Yudheer

PostSubject: Re: Card Review: Tragoedia   Card Review: Tragoedia EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 10:26 am

Awww...low blows...Scarf?
Back to top Go down
MutG
Veteran
MutG

PostSubject: Re: Card Review: Tragoedia   Card Review: Tragoedia EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 10:59 am

GLASSES!
Back to top Go down
Yudheer
Veteran
Yudheer

PostSubject: Re: Card Review: Tragoedia   Card Review: Tragoedia EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 11:06 am

SCARF!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Card Review: Tragoedia   Card Review: Tragoedia Empty

Back to top Go down

Card Review: Tragoedia
Page 1 of 1