Yu-Gi-Oh! South African Trade Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Bunch of questions..

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Mattoz

Mattoz

Bunch of questions.. Empty
PostSubject: Bunch of questions..   Bunch of questions.. EmptyWed Mar 28, 2012 10:59 am

Hey guys, im new to the scene here in South Africa. Coming from the UK I played the game for a few years but recently have a newfound intrest in .

I just have a couple of questions needing answered before I can really start playing.

Firstly; Where to you guys get your cards from? (Singles and structures mainly.) If you could list a trusted website/s and fill me in on how getting cards from overseas works that would be appreciated.

Secondly, iv recently moved from durban to Pretoria and would like to know if there are active tournaments or just get-togethers in and around the pretoria area?

Thanks
Matt
Back to top Go down
Chris24

Chris24

PostSubject: Re: Bunch of questions..   Bunch of questions.. EmptyWed Mar 28, 2012 5:12 pm

Hey Matt, I am a player from Jhb but I do know that the guys in Pretoria have weekly tournaments. The person in charge of that is Sabbaticus (on here)

As for singles I use trollandtoad.com but unfortunately they are not permitted to sell sealed products to anywhere outside the US.

Hope you find all you need.
Chris.
Back to top Go down
Mattoz

Mattoz

PostSubject: Re: Bunch of questions..   Bunch of questions.. EmptyWed Mar 28, 2012 5:58 pm

Thanks Chris.

By sealed products you mean booster packs, structure decks etc?
Also, how does the shipping work with troll n toad? Do you just pay extra and get it delivered to you? Pay by credit card?

Thanks
Back to top Go down
Chris24

Chris24

PostSubject: Re: Bunch of questions..   Bunch of questions.. EmptyWed Mar 28, 2012 7:15 pm

Yeah the can't sell anything that is sealed to us e.g. Packs, structure decks, starter decks Etc.

With the shipping, If you use the UPS Worldwide Saver it arrives in 2 days and UPS brings it to your door.
But if you use the $10 or $30 it will go to your post office and you will have to wait for a slip.
I'm not sure how long the $10 shipping takes but the $30 shipping takes 1-2 weeks.

And yes you pay by credit card, I am not sure if they accept debit cards as I pay with a credit.

Chris.
Back to top Go down
Mattoz

Mattoz

PostSubject: Re: Bunch of questions..   Bunch of questions.. EmptyWed Mar 28, 2012 7:26 pm

Thanks for all the info, much appreciated!
Back to top Go down
Mattoz

Mattoz

PostSubject: Re: Bunch of questions..   Bunch of questions.. EmptyWed Mar 28, 2012 8:02 pm

With regard to play mats and sleeves, are they also under the "sealed" category?
Back to top Go down
Sabbaticus
Admin
Sabbaticus

PostSubject: Re: Bunch of questions..   Bunch of questions.. EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 7:37 am

Hey Matt

We have regular tournaments on Saturdays in Pretoria, mostly in Wonderboom Junction at the News Cafe, but I am looking for another venue for either Sundays or a weekday for those that can't always make Wonderboom. Not every single Saturday is a tournament, but most are. You can always stop by to see how it is, though, this Saturday the 29th we are going to be playing in Jhb for a bigger tournament since the Jhb guys did the same for us the other week. If you want to be notified about tournaments around Pretoria you can PM me your name and number, and I'll add you to the contact list. You can also add yourself to both the Yugioh South Africa and Yugioh Pretoria facebook pages for updats, info and events.

Yugioh South Africa: https://www.facebook.com/groups/186568444707191/
Yugioh Pretoria: https://www.facebook.com/groups/400751753284625/

For buying cards, you can get from most Top CD's (definitely the ones in Menlyn and at Wonderboom), and soon to be at most BT Games and Toy Zones.

With regards to buying online, Yugioh-Mint (yugiohmint.com), Troll And Toad (trollandtoad.com), and even Ideal 808 (ideal808.com) are the best for buying single cards you are looking for. If you want boxes, structures, tins, and sleeves, I recommend Ideal 808, they are outside US so they are allowed to ship those products to us, and their shipping prices are quite reasonable. You also won't get hit with a customs bill like with Troll And Toad, just a handling fee to the post office if you're shipping to a street address.

I will also be selling a few packs at the tournaments, mostly the latest stuff like Ra Yellow Mega Pack and Order of Chaos for a little bit less than the stores sell them for.

Hope this helps...
Back to top Go down
Mattoz

Mattoz

PostSubject: Re: Bunch of questions..   Bunch of questions.. EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 1:03 pm

Iv added myself to both groups and will PM you my details soon. Just needa decide which deck to run and ill be in the game soon! Thanks so much for all the info, much appretiated!

Matt.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bunch of questions..   Bunch of questions.. Empty

Back to top Go down

Bunch of questions..
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Yu-Gi-Oh! South African Trade Forum :: General :: General Discussion-
Jump to: