Yu-Gi-Oh! South African Trade Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Is there anyone

Go down 
+6
Sabbaticus
Drive09
SBV
dragonite
Dax11
MutG
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
MutG
Veteran
MutG

Is there anyone  Empty
PostSubject: Is there anyone    Is there anyone  EmptySun Mar 11, 2012 12:34 pm

Is there anyone who still uses this site?
Back to top Go down
Dax11
Veteran
Dax11

Is there anyone  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is there anyone    Is there anyone  EmptySun Mar 11, 2012 6:02 pm

Thanks for spamming that Razz
Back to top Go down
MutG
Veteran
MutG

Is there anyone  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is there anyone    Is there anyone  EmptySun Mar 11, 2012 6:59 pm

So awesome I know
Back to top Go down
Dax11
Veteran
Dax11

Is there anyone  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is there anyone    Is there anyone  EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 4:21 am

Razz
Back to top Go down
dragonite
dragonite

Is there anyone  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is there anyone    Is there anyone  EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 11:10 am

No. That's why there are no new posts.
Back to top Go down
SBV

Is there anyone  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is there anyone    Is there anyone  EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 1:25 pm

I check the site from time to time ...

Wish there was some more activity though
Back to top Go down
Drive09

Is there anyone  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is there anyone    Is there anyone  EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 3:05 pm

Hi all. Just want to say there are people out there keen to keep things going.

It is not the easiest thing to do. Especially since the community seems somewhat isolated and i only managed to find this site now after meticulous research.

I only recently got back in Yu Gi Oh and play mostly with old mates, all keen on playing actively. We got ourselves a bit more up to date cards-wise and intend to continue doing so.

SBV we are also closer to you than Claremont so we would love a place to jam in Table View or Sunningdale.

Anyway, just a post to rekindle the hope Smile And apologies in advance for the numerous posts and questions to come.
Back to top Go down
MutG
Veteran
MutG

Is there anyone  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is there anyone    Is there anyone  EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 3:48 pm

im into this
Back to top Go down
Drive09

Is there anyone  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is there anyone    Is there anyone  EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 4:32 pm

Can anyone tell me where current prices for cards are obtained. I have seen some eyebrow-raising prices on here but again I would not know anything about how accurate they are. Is there one specific site most of you use or what?
Back to top Go down
Drive09

Is there anyone  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is there anyone    Is there anyone  EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 4:34 pm

Sorry ,another question, anyone who is relatively confident with rulings? Specifically 3-man duels.. ? Any one who can help me with some questions?
Back to top Go down
Sabbaticus
Admin
Sabbaticus

Is there anyone  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is there anyone    Is there anyone  EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 5:09 pm

Drive09 wrote:
Can anyone tell me where current prices for cards are obtained. I have seen some eyebrow-raising prices on here but again I would not know anything about how accurate they are. Is there one specific site most of you use or what?

You can use TCG Player (tcgplayer.com) and/or Troll And Toad. This current format would mark the most expensive format ever on the competitive lines, more-so than Tele-Dad, so you will see alot more eyebrow-raising prices.
Back to top Go down
Drive09

Is there anyone  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is there anyone    Is there anyone  EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 5:38 pm

Thanks Sabbaticus.. I will have a look.
On another note is the community friendly enough? I would not want to get started only to be discouraged by the "Pros" . I enjoy the game and play just for that. I have extensive experience but none playing in higher leagues. I hope that I can find new people to play with regularly and improve on my skills. All the while enjoying the game.
Back to top Go down
_M_a_X_

_M_a_X_

Is there anyone  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is there anyone    Is there anyone  EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 6:13 pm

The Cape Town community is very friendly in my opinion. Only started going to their tournaments for the first time last year and got my ass handed to me as I'm playing with very old cards. However I still go there every week, trying to improve. If you really love the game, you won't mind losing, but the challenge is to be better than you were the day before
Back to top Go down
SBV

Is there anyone  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is there anyone    Is there anyone  EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 6:29 pm

It's actually a very friendly community, Drive09...

and yeah, the prices for some of the cards are hectic...
Back to top Go down
Drive09

Is there anyone  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is there anyone    Is there anyone  EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 6:40 pm

_Max_... you are speaking my language then, if my ass is handed to me but I learned something and had fun then I am all good. And building decks to win is half the fun right?
I am busy with some work at the moment but will try get back to you tomorrow about those monster reborn and dark holes Max. And love the Avatar btw.

Ya SBV, I was referring to a Samurai deck pricing I saw which was a bit much I thought. But maybe it was the rarity of the cards. Considering a friend of mine bought a LETHAL gladiator beast deck by someone at the Claremont tourney for 700 bucks , I just could not believe 5000...Again what do I know...

Just asking again, anyone who could possibly help me with a question regarding 3-man duel?
Back to top Go down
SBV

Is there anyone  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is there anyone    Is there anyone  EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 6:51 pm

Drive09 if you ever want to know about pricing etc, you can pm me and ask. I'm quite up to date with that kinda stuff.

Also, I don't think any Six Samurai deck is worth R5000. Someone must be shittin' you. You can buy a full Six Samurai deck for less than R2000.

**********************EDIT*********************

About the 3-man duel - ask away. Someone will be able to help...
Back to top Go down
Drive09

Is there anyone  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is there anyone    Is there anyone  EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 7:02 pm

Thanks SBV, will do.

I just wanted to know about the following scenario:

I am dueling against opponent A and B, I have two monsters down and enter my battle phase attacking A's life points directly. He has nothing but a spell/trap card set.

My attack reduces A's points to 0. I then proceed to direct my second monster's attack against opponent B's monster, battling and destroying it. Opponent B is still in the game as his life points have not reached 0. Before I can conclude the battle phase and enter my Main Phase 2, opponent A plays his set Mystical Space Typhoon and destroys my set field card. To no advantage to him.

Now don't his life points reaching 0 put him out of the game? Or does he get to play until I end the battle phase/ finish my turn with an appropriate speed spell/trap card? Would it have made a difference if i had entered my main phase?
Back to top Go down
SBV

Is there anyone  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is there anyone    Is there anyone  EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 7:10 pm

He should have activated the Mystical Space Typhoon before you attacked his Life Points. Or he should have chained it when you declared battle.

But if you already proceeded to attack Opponent B's monster, it is too late for him to MST. As soon as his LP were reduced to zero, he was supposed to scoop up his cards.

So to summarize, if it happened the way you explain it (you attacked and he didn't chain MST at that time), then no, he could not destroy your Field Spell card. His last opportunity was to chain it to your attack declaration. If he forgot, it's his fault - he misplayed...
Back to top Go down
_M_a_X_

_M_a_X_

Is there anyone  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is there anyone    Is there anyone  EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 7:15 pm

^^ totally agree, when your LP reaches 0, that persons soul goes to the shadow realm, end of game for him.
Back to top Go down
SBV

Is there anyone  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is there anyone    Is there anyone  EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 7:18 pm

ROFL M_a_X_

Couldn't have put it better myself ^
Back to top Go down
Drive09

Is there anyone  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is there anyone    Is there anyone  EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 7:21 pm

Ahah Max, I say that too. Thanks both of you guys. And SBV I would love to support your project if it ever takes off.
Back to top Go down
SBV

Is there anyone  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is there anyone    Is there anyone  EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 7:26 pm

Trust me I'm making plans...

I want a STRONG YGO community... A very large one... It's the best game in the world and very social and thought-provoking. Imagine like 50 people gathering for a tournament... Would be amazing... Now imagine 100... With decent prizes.... Would be very very enjoyable.

Screw profit - I want a community !

**********************EDIT**********************

I didn't even thank you for offering your support...

Thanks ! ^^
Back to top Go down
Drive09

Is there anyone  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is there anyone    Is there anyone  EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 8:41 am

Np Smile
Back to top Go down
quad

quad

Is there anyone  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is there anyone    Is there anyone  EmptyWed Mar 14, 2012 1:09 pm

That's a pretty ambitious project SBV, but best of luck mate.
Back to top Go down
Tirion
Veteran
Tirion

Is there anyone  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is there anyone    Is there anyone  EmptyThu Mar 15, 2012 5:52 am

Look like this site is slowly becoming an all Cape Forum.

Yugioh is the Worlds Greatest TCG and we had made countless friends and rivals because of the Game. Were I come from the game is slowly going down with only the older hardcore players sticking around but with all that, I have been contacted by so many new duelist interested in Tourny play which always give us hope for the Game.

Don't know why people lose so much of faith in tournys with a low turn out?

Don't know why people don't come for tournys and give you the stupid reasons I don't want people to see what deck I am playing for reginals and Nats?

Even this site so many Guest and not enough registered users posting. I remember on the old Yugioh Site we all used to just get together and talk(mostly shit). What happened do we honestly need a new mod like Adam was to cause controversy or maybe a provincial fagg wars to motivate everyone.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Is there anyone  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is there anyone    Is there anyone  Empty

Back to top Go down

Is there anyone
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Yu-Gi-Oh! South African Trade Forum :: General :: General Discussion-
Jump to: