Yu-Gi-Oh! South African Trade Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

GENF Mass Tournament!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
MutG
Veteran
MutG

GENF Mass Tournament! Empty
PostSubject: GENF Mass Tournament!   GENF Mass Tournament! EmptySun Aug 28, 2011 1:53 pm

So today we had a tournament where every time you won a match, you would receive a booster. As well, with entering, you would get a booster. 17 people entered, if I remember correctly and this was the last tournament before the next format!

Round 1: Daniel - Machina Gadget

Game 1: He doesn't draw a Gadget, but still manages to summon a chain of monsters: Machina Gearframe and Machina Fortress, Cyber Dragon and Machina Peacekeeper. I do what my deck does best: gain advantage. I double Trish him and he cannot make a comeback. Chimeratech Fortress Dragon helped a bit.

Game 2: He starts aggressively: he summons 2 Machina Fortress. I managed to get rid of the one, then remember a late-game Trish sealed the deal for me. Cyber Dragon into Chimeratech Fortress Dragon helped once again.

1-0

Round 2: Dax (Dax11) - Piper

Game 1: He just doesn't seem to be doing anything and I make an aggressive play and win.

Game 2: I opened into a hand that I could do nothing with. Didn't expect to win.

Game 3: Cyber Dragon got summoned on his end of the field, and I managed to Formula Synchron and then Chimeratech Fortress Dragon. Won shortly after.

2-0

Round 3: Bevan - Quickdraw

Game 1 and 2: I remember he manages to get Drill Warrior out once and then again. But when he attacks into Ryko, he loses that advantage. A Trish in game 2 seals the deal.

3-0

Round 4: Uqail Abrahams (dragonite) - Piper

Game 1 and 2: Made a few good moves, but it's not enough to withstand 2 D.D. Crows and 3 Effect Veiler. Creature Swap put in some work, too.

3-1

Round 5: Achmat Hassiem - Scraps

Game 1: Scrap Dragon comes out, but so does my Trish. Card is broke.

Game 2: Pulling the Rug and D.D. Crow put in some work.

4-1

Top 8: Achmat Hassiem - Scraps

Game 1: I lose this. Open into: Spore, MST, POD, MST, Trunade, Warning.

Game 2: Trish puts in some work.

Game 3: Double Pulling the Rug.

5-1

Top 4: Wesley Williams - Six Samurai

Game 1: I lose. Herp Derp.

Game 2: I absolutely obliterate.

Game 3: He goes first. Summons Kageki and I chain Effect Veiler. I go and set Double Warning and Decree. Keep in mind that my opening was: Tytannial, 2 Warning, Decree, Spore then POD. I decree and Solemn Warning his Kagemusha then Kizan. End Phase Decree means I win.

6-1

We both get a booster in the final and go home.
Back to top Go down

GENF Mass Tournament!
Page 1 of 1