Yu-Gi-Oh! South African Trade Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

March 2012 banlist

Go down 
+4
Darksoul
Sabbaticus
SBV
Dax11
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Dax11
Veteran
Dax11

March 2012 banlist Empty
PostSubject: March 2012 banlist   March 2012 banlist EmptyThu Feb 09, 2012 7:08 pm

Opinions? Mind Control Limited, Lumina 2, Hyperion 1/2 , book 2 , Rabbit 2(or is that to hopeful), reborn 0. Whats ur thoughts on the new list is emperor dragon coming back?
Back to top Go down
SBV

March 2012 banlist Empty
PostSubject: Re: March 2012 banlist   March 2012 banlist EmptyThu Feb 09, 2012 8:57 pm

CED - EotE won't come back.

Agents will get hit. Maybe Hyperion, but most probably A O C - Venus.

I think it's too early for Inzektors + Wind-Ups.

I also don't know of Konami's intention, they might want to kill synchro in order to sell Exceeds. If that is so, I wouldn't be surprised to see Brionac/Hyper Librarian on the banlist, Brio because it kills exceeds by bouncing them. This, however, depends on the intentions of Konami...

Rescue rabbit could go to 2.

Dandylion might get banned.

BLS might go back into banlist, although I don't know if that is for sure. They seem to be pushing chaos, so it might just stay until September.

We might see Sangan banned.

Trap Dustshoot ban is possible. I know it's dead late game but it's broken when drawn early.

There's a possibility of Gateway of the Six being banned, because it's very broken.

Leviair might get semi'd.

However, all this being said, I'll repeat - Konami is unpredictable. They might even do something crazy and brazen like completely kill synchros by banning Trishula, Brionac and Hyper Librarian all at once in order to boost zexal sales. Konami can be all about the $$ sometimes. I, personally, don't believe it will happen. I believe that they will just go ahead and make exceeds so overpowered that people will have to buy new packs etc. in order to reach Tier 1 / 2.

Only way to know is to wait and see Smile
Back to top Go down
Dax11
Veteran
Dax11

March 2012 banlist Empty
PostSubject: Re: March 2012 banlist   March 2012 banlist EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 4:54 am

Do you think inzektors or Dino-Rabbit will be hit
Back to top Go down
Sabbaticus
Admin
Sabbaticus

March 2012 banlist Empty
PostSubject: Re: March 2012 banlist   March 2012 banlist EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 9:34 am

I think there's a chance Laggia and Dolkka will get limited, rather than touching Rabbit. The reason is if you even semi-limit Rabbit the consistency plumets, since the ratio then becomes 2 Rabbits to 6 normals, meaning you'll just draw into them far more than Rabbit and possibly seldom get Rabbit off. So I think they will do like they did to Six Sams and limit the cards the deck brings out.

Inzektors is hard to say because what can they really hit... semi-limit Dragonfly? Won't make it any less threatening, since she can be searched with Centipede and Birdman can bounce to reuse her. Semi-limit Hornet? Then the deck has no combo if you can't get to Hornet other than equipping a Giga-mantis from your hand or deck to make a small beatstick. So I think touching Hornet hurts the deck just a bit too much. I really dont' know how they would go about balancing Inzektors but there's a great chance they won't get hit because they haven't even had a season to play yet.

Synchros won't get hit by the list, it would be overkill to ban Librarian and to what purpose. They already slowed the release of synchros to promote new Xyz's as ORCS has 9 Xyz's and only 3 Synchros.

Also, I honestly could never see Leviair ever being put on the banlist, since you even runs more than 2 copies? I only run 2 copies in a deck that almost only has level 3 monsters so there is no point is semi-limiting it. Even limited... card still serves it's purpose and the majority of decks run 1 copy so the only way to really affect Leviair would be to ban it and it's definitely not ban-worthy.
Back to top Go down
SBV

March 2012 banlist Empty
PostSubject: Re: March 2012 banlist   March 2012 banlist EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 10:44 am

Dolkka can't be touched. It's a TCG exclusive.

They might hit Laggia, but there is a chance of them semi-limiting rescue rabbit.

Yes I agree they won't be hitting synchros - I just mentioned the possibility.

If they do hit anything in Inzektors, I think it would be hornet. Semi-limiting him would only slightly hinder the consistency of the deck, although making it more balanced in the OCG.

As for Leviair, I also don't think he will get semi'd. However, there are a fair bunch of people who do believe so.

Konami is unpredictable though. People rarely get the banlist correct in their predictions.
Back to top Go down
Sabbaticus
Admin
Sabbaticus

March 2012 banlist Empty
PostSubject: Re: March 2012 banlist   March 2012 banlist EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 11:22 am

Leviair semi-limited makes no difference to if it stays unlimited, so I don't see the point in even doing that.

I didn't realise Dolkka was a TCG exclusive, that kind of changes things. I can still see Laggia being limited, though a semi-limited Rabbit would make the deck just too inconsistent for my liking. The card itself is good but it's the ratio of normal monsters and Rabbits that will hurt it, even if running Gold Sarcs. It's entirely possible, but I just don't know.

Inzektors running Tour Guides will have a problem with less Hornets. Since the deck relies on you drawing it or a Foolish (if you run it) to even move. Builds running Arm Knights and Tomatos won't be so affected. I do hope they'll give the new cards a season to play though.
Back to top Go down
Dax11
Veteran
Dax11

March 2012 banlist Empty
PostSubject: Re: March 2012 banlist   March 2012 banlist EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 7:43 pm

I agree i only hope rabbit will be semi-limited cause i hate that deck Smile
Back to top Go down
Sabbaticus
Admin
Sabbaticus

March 2012 banlist Empty
PostSubject: Re: March 2012 banlist   March 2012 banlist EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 7:49 pm

I hope the same since Dino Rabbit is my biggest rival at the moment, the deck to beat. Even at my locals... 2 guys are running Dino Rabbit with a play-set of Tour Guides, soon to be more.
Back to top Go down
SBV

March 2012 banlist Empty
PostSubject: Re: March 2012 banlist   March 2012 banlist EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 9:08 pm

I think Rabbit will be hit, one way or another.

I am opting for semi'd Rescue Rabbit. But Laggia hit is possible, as Sabbaticus said...
Back to top Go down
Dax11
Veteran
Dax11

March 2012 banlist Empty
PostSubject: Re: March 2012 banlist   March 2012 banlist EmptySat Feb 11, 2012 6:42 am

I know i think they might want to keep rabbit for one more format but they might limit laggia dolkka wont be hit though
Back to top Go down
Darksoul
Veteran
Darksoul

March 2012 banlist Empty
PostSubject: Re: March 2012 banlist   March 2012 banlist EmptyWed Feb 15, 2012 4:03 pm

They probably will hit Rabbit and not touch Laggia or Dolkka. It's quite similar to when they slowed down glads by limiting Bestiari instead of hitting Gyzarus.
Back to top Go down
Dax11
Veteran
Dax11

March 2012 banlist Empty
PostSubject: Re: March 2012 banlist   March 2012 banlist EmptyWed Feb 15, 2012 4:10 pm

What is your opinion on hornet will it get semi limited or is it to soon to hit inzectors?
Back to top Go down
SBV

March 2012 banlist Empty
PostSubject: Re: March 2012 banlist   March 2012 banlist EmptyThu Feb 16, 2012 8:18 am

Since Inzektors are topping OCG consistently, I wouldn't be surprised to see a hit on Dragonfly or Hornet. Konami cares most about the OCG. It is very possible for Inzektors to get hit...
Back to top Go down
Dax11
Veteran
Dax11

March 2012 banlist Empty
PostSubject: Re: March 2012 banlist   March 2012 banlist EmptyFri Feb 17, 2012 4:20 am

Back to top Go down
Cariemb0

March 2012 banlist Empty
PostSubject: Re: March 2012 banlist   March 2012 banlist EmptyFri Feb 17, 2012 2:18 pm

Fake :?
How can they hit a card they don't have (Reborn Tengu = TCG exclusive)
Back to top Go down
Dax11
Veteran
Dax11

March 2012 banlist Empty
PostSubject: Re: March 2012 banlist   March 2012 banlist EmptySat Feb 18, 2012 5:10 am

Apparently it recently came out in Japan??? but i agree i also think its fake
Back to top Go down
_M_a_X_

_M_a_X_

March 2012 banlist Empty
PostSubject: Re: March 2012 banlist   March 2012 banlist EmptySat Feb 18, 2012 7:28 am

And it's official, fml
Back to top Go down
SBV

March 2012 banlist Empty
PostSubject: Re: March 2012 banlist   March 2012 banlist EmptySat Feb 18, 2012 3:21 pm

Don't know why Trishula's there.

Reborn Tengu should have been there a LONG time ago. It's a stupid and ridiculous card @3.

T.G. Striker doesn't make sense.

Glow-Up & Spore are understandable - their mechanics always leads to pluses.

lol at them hitting A O M - Earth. Seems they want to keep Agents slightly alive...

They also want to keep making $$$ so no hits on the new archetypes.

But as I said, if Konami wants to be greedy - they'll kill off synchros. They didn't do it all at once, but WATCH.... Next banlist, Brionac will go. Konami sucks. All about the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ for them.

They didn't hit synchros in the way I said they would, but they did it in a much more indirect way. ROFL. They kill the decks that utilize synchros. The ONLY competitive decks that played centered around synchros were plants and T.G.'s... Agents have their own boss. DW's have their own boss. Six Sams have only 1 Shi En. Karakuri is probably the only archetype that still concentrates heavily on synchro (for their pushes), but to be honest, they're not THAT competitive in a meta full of Wind-Ups, Inzektors & Dino Rabbits.

This is ridiculous. Just wait, guys, as they gradually KILL off our beloved synchos, and FORCE us to buy their XYZ's.

It's so blatant how Konami tries their BEST to take our money. How shameful... If anyone can give a good reason for Trishula to be banned, please let me hear it. You generally have to use 3 cards (-2), then you remove 1 card from the hand + field from play, resolving it as a+0. You can remove one card from the GY from play, but that doesn't count as a +. This is considering Trishula doesn't get Solemn'd. If he does, the player that SS'd him is at a -2. It sounds like a very fair card to me. The only unfair aspect of Trish is the price people have to pay to obtain it. Other than that, Trish balances itself out. Don't kill Trish, kill the damn cards that abuse it. That was done by eliminating plants.

Basically, what I'm saying is, Konami banning Trish = money making. All decks that run tuners just got hit very very badly. Synchros needed Trish vs the overpowered XYZ's that have come out. Even WITH Trishula, Synchrocentric decks were starting to fall by the wayside. No significant amount of tops lately. DinoRabbits, Inzektors & Wind-Ups were ALREADY the new meta, with or without Trish/Glow-Up Bulb/Spore.

This is probably the first time I'm going to complain about a list: THIS LIST IS TERRIBLE. If they were going to level the playing field, they should have kept plants till September 2012 when they can hit Wind-Ups, Inzektors and Dinorabbits too. All they've done is eliminate the ONE synchro deck that can challenge the new meta. If you haven't realized that Konami is all about the money, then have fun with your new-found realization. This list makes it about as clear as it can be. I'll repeat myself: unless they decide to bring Trish back to 1 next banlist, then they will ban Brionac. Mark my words. After that, wave goodbye to the synchro engine. Go check Galactic Overload booster by the way. There's an ARRAY of new XYZ's, and not even 1 Synchro or tuner.

That's what I have to say
Back to top Go down
Dax11
Veteran
Dax11

March 2012 banlist Empty
PostSubject: Re: March 2012 banlist   March 2012 banlist EmptySun Feb 19, 2012 7:51 pm

Whats ur guys thoughts on the new banlist?
Back to top Go down
Sabbaticus
Admin
Sabbaticus

March 2012 banlist Empty
PostSubject: Re: March 2012 banlist   March 2012 banlist EmptyMon Feb 20, 2012 3:43 am

Stupid irrelevant list is stupid and irrelevant.
Back to top Go down
Dispised
Admin
Dispised

March 2012 banlist Empty
PostSubject: Re: March 2012 banlist   March 2012 banlist EmptyMon Feb 20, 2012 1:10 pm

that list can only be considered after tomorrow when the official v-jump comes out.
Back to top Go down
https://saforum.darkbb.com
quad

quad

March 2012 banlist Empty
PostSubject: Re: March 2012 banlist   March 2012 banlist EmptySun Mar 11, 2012 3:34 pm

dice roll format l0l
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

March 2012 banlist Empty
PostSubject: Re: March 2012 banlist   March 2012 banlist Empty

Back to top Go down

March 2012 banlist
Page 1 of 1