Yu-Gi-Oh! South African Trade Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

I need to know if I have a good deck

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
hermann.nolan

hermann.nolan

I need to know if I have a good deck Empty
PostSubject: I need to know if I have a good deck   I need to know if I have a good deck EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 4:40 pm

I have no definable deck but some of my cards are Blackwing

Monsters:
Blackwing-Jetstream the Blue Sky
Red Eyes B. Chick
Red Eyes Darkness Dragon
Red Eyes B Dragon
blackwing-brisote the tailwind
barrier resonator
kinetic soldier
axe dragonute
darksea float
blackwing-kogarashi the wanderer
master of the flaming dragonswords
wind-up soldier
ljoslaf of the nordic alfar
gladiator beast tigerius
svartalf of the nordic alfar
clock resonator
raviel lord of phantasms
blackwing gale the whirlwind
ape fighter
blackwing bora the spear
kagemusha of the six samurai
dragunity primus plus
majestic dragon
beast king barbaros
valkyrie of the nordic ascendant
elemental hero flash
blackwing kochi the daybreak
guldfaxe of the nordic beats
garmr of the nordic beasts
blackwing ghibli the searing wind
blackwing elphin the raven
blackwing shura the blue flame
blackwing calima the haze
force resonator
archlord kristya
dragunity partisan
earthbound immortal cussilu

Spells:

monster reincarnation
cards for black feathers
nordic relic draupnir
star changer
banner of courage
swords of revealing light
pot of duality
closed forest
reload
fissure
scarlet security
polymerization
soul taker
creature swap

Traps:

starlight road
sakuretsu armor
nordic relic gungnir
delta crow anti reverse
scrap iron scarecrow
skill successor
mirror force
nordic relic brisingamen
guard mines
raigeki break

Extra Deck:

red dragon archfiend
majestic red dragon
red nova dragon
stardust dragon
majestic star dragon
powertool dragon
life stream dragon
odin father of the aesir
thor lord of the aesir
loki lord of the aesir
blackwing silverwind the ascendant
submersible carrier aero shark
wind-up zenmaister
elemental hero absolute zero
elemental hero gaia
Back to top Go down
FrogSage

FrogSage

PostSubject: .   I need to know if I have a good deck EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 5:54 pm

To be blunt... No.
The best advice right now is, stick to 1 theme. (Dragon, blackwing, nordic etc) Dont ever mix archtypes or themes unless they have a common goal.
First step to making a good deck is to look at the current meta (decks played this format competitively) and decide what you want. Unfortunately, this is a Backrow hate, boss monster format (I love it though) so Black wing is no longer that good. Dragons are not that great anymore. Top tier decks for this format include: DinoRabbit (VERY deep pockets), Agent fairy (tg varients included) Dark World (incosistent however) Plant Synchro, Chaos varients (Deep pockets, 3x Tour Guide needed). The deck I'd recommend would be Agent (if you have deep pockets you can play DinoRabbit) agent and Dark World are the cheapest meta decks at the moment.
If you want other deck ideas you can read my previous and upcoming Deck Of the Weeks.
If you want advice on any decks mentioned above, google them or ask on here.
Back to top Go down
Dax11
Veteran
Dax11

PostSubject: Re: I need to know if I have a good deck   I need to know if I have a good deck EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 6:21 pm

If you want a good budget deck you should play either dark-world or agents because they are cheap and effective.
Back to top Go down
Tirion
Veteran
Tirion

PostSubject: Re: I need to know if I have a good deck   I need to know if I have a good deck EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 12:36 pm

Has much as I agree with FrogSage, I disagree that you need to start a brand new deck, even thou Agent and Dark World are great Deck and for the most part cheap if you want to play other decks it cool. Year after year I have see playes stick to the decks Dragon, Gadget Lightsworn etc and no matter what have made there decks competetive enough to take top places at local tournys.

Has for your deck there seem to be 4 decks in here BlackWing, Nordic, Dragon and fiend Syncro. Now most of ur monsters belonging to one of the for mentioned deck types are BlackWing so why not go with that, Trade, Buy and get more cards to support that one theme and once you have that deck working you can start building the next theme. I know lots of guy in durban from the Youth Centre who have BlackWing monsters and support for trade.
Back to top Go down
hermann.nolan

hermann.nolan

PostSubject: Re: I need to know if I have a good deck   I need to know if I have a good deck EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 5:21 pm

ok thnx for all the replies ive done some research nd frogs and x-sabers is there any way that i can mix any two archetypes together such as x-saber and blackwing or frogs nd nordic
Back to top Go down
FrogSage

FrogSage

PostSubject: Deck advice, archtype mixing   I need to know if I have a good deck EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 6:41 pm

Frogs are only mixed with a deck if the deck has access to tribute monsters, because frog engines generate tribute fodder better than most decks. X sabers have no need for tribute fodder, therefore making them unlikely to be better than when they were separate - Either frog lancer/monarch or x saber. Not both. As for nordics, they too have no need for a tribute fodder engine such as frogs.
You cant mix any archtype with another, they need something to stick them together. Eg. Frogs - create tribute fodder, monarchs - need tribute fodder. Therefore they fit together and can be mixed.
Also tirion, i see what youre saying, (After all, I have played frogs for 3+ yrs, hence the name FrogSage) but with the amount of cards that should be taken out would basically mean 'a new deck', even if he wants to play BW, then just bora, pot of duality, and mirror force (sorry if i missed anything else) should be kept, that means he will have to trade/buy the other 37 cards to finish it and make it as good as can be. So he may as well trade/buy something competitive.
Dax and I simply offered suggestions to which are 'good', alternate decks to play. After all, Why buy/trade for a 'dead' deck when one could play a top tier deck? Also another point, (for herman) I too enjoy funny, unexpected, decks made from weird themes put together, but only will I pay/trade for something if I know I can make a profit or that the deck has potential. (Eg, I played Plant Zombie for Regionals. Couple months later, Plant Zombie topped a YCS. Same with frog, i bought them. Later they won worlds) So back to the point, you should only pay/trade for something you feel is good and has proven so. If you believe blackwing is still good, by all means go for it. (I however, dont think blackwing is good anymore). After all, all top tier decks start with one person (or many) who saw potential and tried it.
Back to top Go down
Dax11
Veteran
Dax11

PostSubject: Re: I need to know if I have a good deck   I need to know if I have a good deck EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 7:37 pm

Interesting info: Fodder means: Animal Food Smile learned that in Bio today Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I need to know if I have a good deck   I need to know if I have a good deck Empty

Back to top Go down

I need to know if I have a good deck
Page 1 of 1