Yu-Gi-Oh! South African Trade Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Customs Fees for Yu-Gi-Oh! Booster boxes?

Go down 
+4
_M_a_X_
Sabbaticus
MutG
SBV
8 posters
AuthorMessage
SBV

Customs Fees for Yu-Gi-Oh! Booster boxes? Empty
PostSubject: Customs Fees for Yu-Gi-Oh! Booster boxes?   Customs Fees for Yu-Gi-Oh! Booster boxes? EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 5:43 pm

Hey

I'm new on the forum, but that is irrelevant.

I want to order a case of Order of Chaos and have it shipped via Fedex. Does anyone know if I will have to pay Customs Fees for this? Anyone have experience
with this?

Also, how much are booster packs sold for at Stadium on Maine? What's the average price? Because I want to buy 10 boxes, but 12 would
cost the same shipping (fedex is expensive). So I thought I could sell the extra boosters (at an undercut price) in order to make up for the extra cash spent.
Would people buy? Is that ok?

Thanks, and let me know!

*************EDIT**************

By "undercut", I mean, less than what the hobby shop would sell them.

Also, I'm in Cape Town.

If I did order, I would receive the boosters on the 27th or 28th of January.

Last edited by SBV on Fri Jan 20, 2012 5:56 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Forgot something)
Back to top Go down
MutG
Veteran
MutG

PostSubject: Re: Customs Fees for Yu-Gi-Oh! Booster boxes?   Customs Fees for Yu-Gi-Oh! Booster boxes? EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 6:36 pm

who are you. have you ever played? cause if you have you will know me...
Back to top Go down
SBV

PostSubject: Re: Customs Fees for Yu-Gi-Oh! Booster boxes?   Customs Fees for Yu-Gi-Oh! Booster boxes? EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 6:51 pm

I am a recluse.. Name's Sandro.

No I don't know you, although I assume the reason people would know you could be found in your sig, rofl

I am planning to start attending the tournaments held at Stadium on Main. I used to long ago, not anymore though.

It's way too far for me to drive each weekend. I live in Melkbosstrand, and would love to have a more central location. But what can you do?..

Do you know if I'd pay customs?
Back to top Go down
Sabbaticus
Admin
Sabbaticus

PostSubject: Re: Customs Fees for Yu-Gi-Oh! Booster boxes?   Customs Fees for Yu-Gi-Oh! Booster boxes? EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 7:22 pm

I know that if you buy boxes etc from Ideal 808 then you'll only pay Post Office handling fees (R50-R80 or so). Also, I'm not sure if you know this, but Order Of Chaos has different ratios to other previous core sets, which lessen the scarcity of certain cards. So instead of needing to buy 10 boxes to get everything you need you can often buy just 2 and get that. Or if you're gunning for the secret rares and multiple of then you would need more. But if you're just after Wind-Ups and Inzektors and maybe Ninjas then you don't need to buy 10 boxes.
Back to top Go down
SBV

PostSubject: Re: Customs Fees for Yu-Gi-Oh! Booster boxes?   Customs Fees for Yu-Gi-Oh! Booster boxes? EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 8:32 pm

That sounds good.

Well, yes, I would like some multiples, because since I am going to start coming to locals, I would like some trade fodder...

I was originally planning to get a case of ORCS boosters, but it I don't have the cash. And since the shipping barely increases for 8+
boxes, I thought I would make some changes to my budget, include the extra boxes, and then sell boosters off at locals, or include them
in trades as throw-ins or something... But I would need some money back, so I have to sell.

How much do you pay for boosters/boxes at the hobby shop? Would there be buyers? Perhaps I'd have to swing by tomorrow to check... I don't
really know how many people actually play...
Back to top Go down
SBV

PostSubject: Re: Customs Fees for Yu-Gi-Oh! Booster boxes?   Customs Fees for Yu-Gi-Oh! Booster boxes? EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 4:24 pm

lol

MutG I meant what I said as a compliment, in the end... A tongue-in-cheek compliment, yes, but still a compliment...

Anyway, how was locals today? I was going to come through but I had too many errands to run.

How much do new boosters cost at your hobby shop?

Would anyone be willing to buy single ORCS boosters for R40ea, and/or boxes for R850ea, which works out to R35 a pack..?

If not, let me know.. I'm just asking, I don't mind a yes or a no.

Sabbaticus, do you ship with Fedex, or with UPS Express?
Back to top Go down
_M_a_X_

_M_a_X_

PostSubject: Re: Customs Fees for Yu-Gi-Oh! Booster boxes?   Customs Fees for Yu-Gi-Oh! Booster boxes? EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 5:18 pm

I'd buy @R40 a booster if I was looking for insektors or wind-ups. It's about R65 at wizards and R50 at toy zone for these boosters the last time I checked.
I've never ordered a box before, but it seems that it doesn't matter how big/valuable the package is, being charged by customs is random. That's just my experience though.
Back to top Go down
SBV

PostSubject: Re: Customs Fees for Yu-Gi-Oh! Booster boxes?   Customs Fees for Yu-Gi-Oh! Booster boxes? EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 5:49 pm

R65?

Are you serious?

What a rip-off??

Jeez...

Ok, then I am going to order. Hopefully I don't get charged by customs......

And I won't sell for more than R40, because that's extortion
Back to top Go down
dragonite
dragonite

PostSubject: Re: Customs Fees for Yu-Gi-Oh! Booster boxes?   Customs Fees for Yu-Gi-Oh! Booster boxes? EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 6:28 pm

Depending what your item value and contents are declared at you will pay somewhere between 0% and 49.6% of the value of your order. You should only be paying VAT and thus a rate of 15.4% but take note that couriers charge extortionary handling fees for customs; between R200 and R400.
Back to top Go down
SBV

PostSubject: Re: Customs Fees for Yu-Gi-Oh! Booster boxes?   Customs Fees for Yu-Gi-Oh! Booster boxes? EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 6:37 pm

dragonite wrote:
Depending what your item value and contents are declared at you will pay somewhere between 0% and 49.6% of the value of your order. You should only be paying VAT and thus a rate of 15.4% but take note that couriers charge extortionary handling fees for customs; between R200 and R400.

What is your experience with buying boxes, Dragonite? Could you give an example of a past experience?
Back to top Go down
FrogSage

FrogSage

PostSubject: .   Customs Fees for Yu-Gi-Oh! Booster boxes? EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 8:12 pm

I may want to buy a booster box of ORCS, how much would u sell one for?
And if i buy more than 1 would you offer a discount?
Back to top Go down
SBV

PostSubject: Re: Customs Fees for Yu-Gi-Oh! Booster boxes?   Customs Fees for Yu-Gi-Oh! Booster boxes? EmptySun Jan 22, 2012 8:39 am

Well, I'm waiting for word from Dragonite, because it seems as though he is insinuating that I am going to pay customs fees, and a large amount at that.

If I didn't pay any fees, I'd sell a box at R850...

How many would you want to take off my hands?
Back to top Go down
FrogSage

FrogSage

PostSubject: .   Customs Fees for Yu-Gi-Oh! Booster boxes? EmptySun Jan 22, 2012 9:15 am

I'm looking at about 2 at the moment.
Got about 1400.
Let me know.
Back to top Go down
MutG
Veteran
MutG

PostSubject: Re: Customs Fees for Yu-Gi-Oh! Booster boxes?   Customs Fees for Yu-Gi-Oh! Booster boxes? EmptySun Jan 22, 2012 9:47 am

UPS always charges customs.
Back to top Go down
SBV

PostSubject: Re: Customs Fees for Yu-Gi-Oh! Booster boxes?   Customs Fees for Yu-Gi-Oh! Booster boxes? EmptySun Jan 22, 2012 10:01 am

So is Fedex better, MutG? In your experience, how much does UPS charge? Could you give me an example of how many boxes you've ordered, and how much they charged you for that order?

Please, I'm attempting to get some numbers in my head...

Thanks for the help guys, I appreciate it...
Back to top Go down
MutG
Veteran
MutG

PostSubject: Re: Customs Fees for Yu-Gi-Oh! Booster boxes?   Customs Fees for Yu-Gi-Oh! Booster boxes? EmptySun Jan 22, 2012 1:22 pm

FedEx is better. I've never ordered boxes, but when it comes to cards, as you should know, they charge around 14% for whatever you ordered. And as dragonite already said, it can be anywhere between the amounts he said.
Back to top Go down
SBV

PostSubject: Re: Customs Fees for Yu-Gi-Oh! Booster boxes?   Customs Fees for Yu-Gi-Oh! Booster boxes? EmptySun Jan 22, 2012 8:47 pm

Thanks for the help, I appreciate it..

**********EDIT**********

Has anyone on this forum actually ordered booster boxes?? Someone that can share an experience?
Back to top Go down
Dispised
Admin
Dispised

PostSubject: Re: Customs Fees for Yu-Gi-Oh! Booster boxes?   Customs Fees for Yu-Gi-Oh! Booster boxes? EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 11:40 am

SBV wrote:
So is Fedex better, MutG? In your experience, how much does UPS charge? Could you give me an example of how many boxes you've ordered, and how much they charged you for that order?

Please, I'm attempting to get some numbers in my head...

Thanks for the help guys, I appreciate it...

okay. so Dragonite is reclusive on this site from time to time. he runs our locals and usually buys our tournament prizes in bulk online.
hahahaha. sandro, i'm the only person online that you would know. Smile i'm tim by the way. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://saforum.darkbb.com
SBV

PostSubject: Re: Customs Fees for Yu-Gi-Oh! Booster boxes?   Customs Fees for Yu-Gi-Oh! Booster boxes? EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 11:56 am

looool hey Tim. How are you doing? Can't wait to become part of the community. Once I have more time, which should be soon, I will very much enjoy to meet everyone who is intelligent enough to take interest in a game that could be likened unto a modern-day version of chess.

Ah ok so Dragonite has experience with this...

Could I ask a question:

What is blowfish entertainment? Are they the SA Yu-Gi-Oh! distributors? Why are we, including Dragonite, subjected to buying online from overseas if we have an alleged YGO distributor in SA? Surely blowfish should offer wholesale prices similar to Konami or the prices that we see in places like ideal808, dacardworld, ebay etc...

Can anyone clarify this?
Back to top Go down
ADMIN
Admin
ADMIN

PostSubject: Re: Customs Fees for Yu-Gi-Oh! Booster boxes?   Customs Fees for Yu-Gi-Oh! Booster boxes? EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 12:00 pm

SBV wrote:
looool hey Tim. How are you doing? Can't wait to become part of the community. Once I have more time, which should be soon, I will very much enjoy to meet everyone who is intelligent enough to take interest in a game that could be likened unto a modern-day version of chess.

Could I ask a question:

What is blowfish entertainment? Are they the SA Yu-Gi-Oh! distributors? Why are we, including Dragonite, subjected to buying online from overseas if we have an alleged YGO distributor in SA? Surely blowfish should offer wholesale prices similar to Konami or the prices that we see in places like ideal808, dacardworld, ebay etc...

Can anyone clarify this?

blowfish like all businesses are out to make as much money as possible. and YES thay are the legal distributors of yugioh merchandise in SA.

we buy online because of the ridiculous prices that local shops charge as well as what blowfish charge.
Back to top Go down
SBV

PostSubject: Re: Customs Fees for Yu-Gi-Oh! Booster boxes?   Customs Fees for Yu-Gi-Oh! Booster boxes? EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 12:07 pm

ADMIN wrote:
SBV wrote:

Could I ask a question:

Can anyone clarify this?

blowfish like all businesses are out to make as much money as possible. and YES thay are the legal distributors of yugioh merchandise in SA.

we buy online because of the ridiculous prices that local shops charge as well as what blowfish charge.

That's absolutely ridiculous... They would make more money by selling more cards at lower prices. My goodness, the zeitgeist is greed... How can we ever expect the game to pick up if that's how it's going to be.

I am going to mail blowfish and ask them about their prices. Unless... does anyone know what they charge on average for boosters?

A booster pack should cost NO MORE THAN $4

$4

$4

$4 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That does not = R50 +. It means ABOUT R35, and that INCLUDES profit....

I don't know what blowfish charges, but I take from what you have said, Tim, that it's not a reasonable price...

We need a South African Konami head office.... Seriously
Back to top Go down
Dispised
Admin
Dispised

PostSubject: Re: Customs Fees for Yu-Gi-Oh! Booster boxes?   Customs Fees for Yu-Gi-Oh! Booster boxes? EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 12:55 pm

i think they're trying to monopolize a game that can not be completely monopolized. not with over seas imports available at cheaper rates. i think we were charged R45 a booster at the last official event.
Back to top Go down
https://saforum.darkbb.com
SBV

PostSubject: Re: Customs Fees for Yu-Gi-Oh! Booster boxes?   Customs Fees for Yu-Gi-Oh! Booster boxes? EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 12:58 pm

Yea, that's what it is about then... Monopolizing...

Sigh..
Back to top Go down
dragonite
dragonite

PostSubject: Re: Customs Fees for Yu-Gi-Oh! Booster boxes?   Customs Fees for Yu-Gi-Oh! Booster boxes? EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 2:08 pm

If you use PO service what you pay is up in the air. Why? Becuase you never no what it will be declared as. If you argue and you can it takes time.

If you use courier depending where you buy from you could pay nothing or you could pay the 15.4% if they declare it properly. But you'll also pay like 200/300 handling fees.

Remember that KDE-US sells things much cheaper than KDE-EU which supplies BFE with stuff. It's stupid but that's how it is. A booster retails there for EUR4.

Sorry I never have time to be on..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Customs Fees for Yu-Gi-Oh! Booster boxes?   Customs Fees for Yu-Gi-Oh! Booster boxes? Empty

Back to top Go down

Customs Fees for Yu-Gi-Oh! Booster boxes?
Page 1 of 1