Yu-Gi-Oh! South African Trade Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

is the game affordable

Go down 
5 posters

can you afford the game
yes i buy boosters often locally
is the game affordable Vote-l100%is the game affordable Vote-r10
 0% [ 0 ]
yes i buy cards often online
is the game affordable Vote-l1025%is the game affordable Vote-r10
 25% [ 2 ]
no its very expensive in general
is the game affordable Vote-l1075%is the game affordable Vote-r10
 75% [ 6 ]
no its not that expensive but id rather send my money else where
is the game affordable Vote-l100%is the game affordable Vote-r10
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 8

AuthorMessage
Jascha
Jascha

is the game affordable Empty
PostSubject: is the game affordable   is the game affordable EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 11:28 pm

I just wana get an idea of were we are. i mean i feel personaly that locally the game isnt feasible. cards are way to expensive for most to get alot of and that in general stopped alot of players from staying with us. that could be a factor going forward as well.

I mean face it how may of you havnt heard of someone saying i dont play coz i cant afford it any more. and most of us still in it buy but online as its so much more affordable
Back to top Go down
MutG
Veteran
MutG

PostSubject: Re: is the game affordable   is the game affordable EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 7:20 am

Brilliant poll is brilliant. I wouldn't say I order often, and I don't buy stuff at locals. Yes, this game is expensive and all, but I do sometimes wish I could get something online, but due to my age, I can't...
Back to top Go down
Tirion
Veteran
Tirion

PostSubject: Re: is the game affordable   is the game affordable EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 9:59 am

I don't it much more than just the cost of the boosters. Its partly the players attitude, Yugioh is a Trading card game. You buy your boosters and find random cards not every card can be used by you but that give you a chance to trade. Now days people know its more cost effective to just buy the cards online that pay even more money buying booster in search of the cards you want or using what you found to trade for said cards. We have created such a bad habit of not trading and buy want we want online that it as left us in the predicament that we find ourselves in, very little stores carrying stock and stores being unable to give us a cheaper rate seeing as how things don't sell.

By the way in 2005 we could pay 40 buck to buy a booster 6 years later its 60 to 70 rand. To compare that bread in 2005 was about 5 Rand a loaf now its just over 8 rand. Inflation happens I know that we in durban(including myself) did nothing to show the stores that this product is a long term seller, its a keeper and seeing as how it will be bring in revenue for years the mark up does not need to be that high.

Yes it is expensive to play yugioh in this country but we never helped make it any cheaper.
Back to top Go down
Jascha
Jascha

PostSubject: Re: is the game affordable   is the game affordable EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 10:03 am

well sed
Back to top Go down
Yudheer
Veteran
Yudheer

PostSubject: Re: is the game affordable   is the game affordable EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 10:38 am

We'll that's all fine and dandy, we understand, there's no use in discussing why we at this point or who is too blame for what has happened. What we need is solutions, not a history lesson or pointing of fingers. It's getting tiring really, solutions or nothing!

Back to top Go down
MutG
Veteran
MutG

PostSubject: Re: is the game affordable   is the game affordable EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 5:18 pm

So where do I sit? I don't really order online or purchase locally. I trade.
Back to top Go down
dragonite
dragonite

PostSubject: Re: is the game affordable   is the game affordable EmptyMon Oct 10, 2011 6:26 am

Inflation can only truly be blamed if the inputs got more expensive but I don't see boosters getting more expensive worldwide.. On the other hand exchange rates can mess with things hugely.

I think tirion makes a big point in that it's a trading card game - I had loads of fun and irritation running around looking for Relinquished bits on Saturday. But the problem with trading is that someone has to have it or you'll never be able to get it. Couple that with everyone wanting the same things making trading even more difficult. I usually try to trade for my deck pieces and then purchase those few singles I wasn't able to get. Usually highly wanted cards or high rarity cards which we aren't likely to have multiples of. Or really old stuff.

I disagree on the cost of the game. I think that the barrier to entry of late has been lower than in the past 2 or 3 years with the advent of competitive structure decks. Obviously if you wanna suddenly get the same stiff as old players it's gonna cost you an arm and a leg but if you just wanna be able to play it's pretty cheap. Our meta helps hugely with this as there are never a bajillion people playing the most expensive broken top decks.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: is the game affordable   is the game affordable Empty

Back to top Go down

is the game affordable
Page 1 of 1