Yu-Gi-Oh! South African Trade Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Favourite dunno

Go down 
+5
Sabbaticus
Dispised
Yudheer
Darksoul
MutG
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
MutG
Veteran
MutG

Favourite dunno Empty
PostSubject: Favourite dunno   Favourite dunno EmptySun Sep 25, 2011 7:16 am

No one ever logs-in to this site anymore. Better start doing so.
Back to top Go down
Darksoul
Veteran
Darksoul

Favourite dunno Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favourite dunno   Favourite dunno EmptySun Sep 25, 2011 7:36 am

That's it? You started a whole new topic just to say that? Suspect
Back to top Go down
Yudheer
Veteran
Yudheer

Favourite dunno Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favourite dunno   Favourite dunno EmptySun Sep 25, 2011 8:38 am

It needed to be said
Back to top Go down
MutG
Veteran
MutG

Favourite dunno Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favourite dunno   Favourite dunno EmptySun Sep 25, 2011 9:53 am

I did. And it got you guys to post.
Back to top Go down
Yudheer
Veteran
Yudheer

Favourite dunno Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favourite dunno   Favourite dunno EmptySun Sep 25, 2011 10:01 am

But we always post , get new users ! and frequent ones at that
Back to top Go down
MutG
Veteran
MutG

Favourite dunno Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favourite dunno   Favourite dunno EmptySun Sep 25, 2011 10:12 am

People at our local I dunno they dont join.
Back to top Go down
Yudheer
Veteran
Yudheer

Favourite dunno Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favourite dunno   Favourite dunno EmptySun Sep 25, 2011 11:07 am

Its the same story on our side
Back to top Go down
Dispised
Admin
Dispised

Favourite dunno Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favourite dunno   Favourite dunno EmptySun Sep 25, 2011 11:16 am

if you guys wanted to chat. Use the new chat box?if you guys wanted to chat. Use the new chat box?
Back to top Go down
https://saforum.darkbb.com
Darksoul
Veteran
Darksoul

Favourite dunno Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favourite dunno   Favourite dunno EmptySun Sep 25, 2011 1:08 pm

The game needs to expand in this country, expanding the game in this continent so that we could have an African Championships would just be wishful thinking though I always wondered why Egypt never played.
While at school or other public places I spoke to people about joining the game and 90% of people didn't know they could or even knew it existed, they never thought there was a yugioh community in South Africa. Ignorance seems to be the problem here since most of them would like to join but just don't know how to get into it. But them again there are some people who HAVE joined and STILL choose to remain useless (and I don't just mean in their dueling).
Unfortunately, the other 10% just gave me dirty looks. scratch
Back to top Go down
Yudheer
Veteran
Yudheer

Favourite dunno Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favourite dunno   Favourite dunno EmptySun Sep 25, 2011 1:30 pm

Ignorance will forever be a problem, its buried in the core of humanity and as for all these people you've met , why haven't you brought them to events?
Also shouldn't Yugioh be like the national sport of Egypt? what with them creating it and all?
Back to top Go down
Darksoul
Veteran
Darksoul

Favourite dunno Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favourite dunno   Favourite dunno EmptySun Sep 25, 2011 2:26 pm

Yudheer wrote:
Also shouldn't Yugioh be like the national sport of Egypt? what with them creating it and all?
EXACTLY!...Though they never really create it.
As for the potential victims duelists, most of them are in matric as well, and for the ones that aren't.....I'm working on it.
I also need to know when future tournaments are happening, so that I could inform them.
Back to top Go down
Sabbaticus
Admin
Sabbaticus

Favourite dunno Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favourite dunno   Favourite dunno EmptySun Sep 25, 2011 2:37 pm

The other problem is the reflection yugioh has. The posters and look etc are all so childish and people see the game as an extension of the show. So it's hard to get the people who can actually afford the game (yet another problem) to actually want to play it. If I get permission to put up posters at my campus I swear I'm gonna design the posters myself, actually MAKE it look interesting. Then the fact that it's near impossible to buy the latest packs in this country. All Reggies and Toys R Us have stopped stocking up on yugioh. I mean I can't even find yugioh sized sleeves at the Top CD's that do still stock packs etc :\ pretty much everything I want has to be bought online and shipped.
Back to top Go down
Yudheer
Veteran
Yudheer

Favourite dunno Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favourite dunno   Favourite dunno EmptySun Sep 25, 2011 5:55 pm

Sabbaticus wrote:
The other problem is the reflection yugioh has. The posters and look etc are all so childish and people see the game as an extension of the show. So it's hard to get the people who can actually afford the game (yet another problem) to actually want to play it. If I get permission to put up posters at my campus I swear I'm gonna design the posters myself, actually MAKE it look interesting. Then the fact that it's near impossible to buy the latest packs in this country. All Reggies and Toys R Us have stopped stocking up on yugioh. I mean I can't even find yugioh sized sleeves at the Top CD's that do still stock packs etc :\ pretty much everything I want has to be bought online and shipped.
Don't know who you are , but you seem to be one of the few who truly understands the problems all the regions are having ( except for CT they seem to be booming). Whatever is too be done needs to be a joint initiative...

and to think we use to have 100+ plus regionals
Back to top Go down
dragonite
dragonite

Favourite dunno Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favourite dunno   Favourite dunno EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 7:51 am

+1?

On any other site I'd be banned lol.

I find that forum activity for some is not the most attractive thing. And through all the yugioh forums we have had, starting with the original .co.za, Cape Town has been pretty at getting people online.

I'm outgoing webmaster on the varsity anime site and I have spent much of the year trying to drum up hits from members but no-one wants to be bothered to join. I think forum activity will need a different approach to player drum-ups because not everyone is interested in it. Although the fact that forumites are a subset of players, the more players the more likely more forumites.
Back to top Go down
Yudheer
Veteran
Yudheer

Favourite dunno Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favourite dunno   Favourite dunno EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 9:47 am

your Uni has its own anime site?...

Perhaps we should bash people into contributing
Back to top Go down
MutG
Veteran
MutG

Favourite dunno Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favourite dunno   Favourite dunno EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 9:48 am

make em leave.
Back to top Go down
dragonite
dragonite

Favourite dunno Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favourite dunno   Favourite dunno EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 10:05 am

Yup check it out here: Anime Cape Town.
Back to top Go down
Yudheer
Veteran
Yudheer

Favourite dunno Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favourite dunno   Favourite dunno EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 10:11 am

I'm telling you'll we need to bash
Back to top Go down
Yudheer
Veteran
Yudheer

Favourite dunno Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favourite dunno   Favourite dunno EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 10:13 am

dragonite wrote:
Yup check it out here: Anime Cape Town.

We need a place to trade anime
Back to top Go down
MutG
Veteran
MutG

Favourite dunno Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favourite dunno   Favourite dunno EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 10:19 am

no.
Back to top Go down
Yudheer
Veteran
Yudheer

Favourite dunno Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favourite dunno   Favourite dunno EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 10:27 am

MutG wrote:
no.
Wow what a logical,well constructed,well thought out reply...
Back to top Go down
MutG
Veteran
MutG

Favourite dunno Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favourite dunno   Favourite dunno EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 11:00 am

Actually took me a couple of minutes to think it. I considered saying "yes..."
Back to top Go down
Yudheer
Veteran
Yudheer

Favourite dunno Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favourite dunno   Favourite dunno EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 11:06 am

So my comment was right, see
Back to top Go down
NIEL

NIEL

Favourite dunno Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favourite dunno   Favourite dunno EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 2:51 pm

I love and support this thread. LOL haha bounce bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
Tirion
Veteran
Tirion

Favourite dunno Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favourite dunno   Favourite dunno EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 3:24 pm

Bash People I like the idea.(I know you Reading this Trevin).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Favourite dunno Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favourite dunno   Favourite dunno Empty

Back to top Go down

Favourite dunno
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next